Are you unhappy with Constant Contact or just think that Constant Contact is too expensive? Well, if you are sure that you don’t want to pay for your Constant Contact subscription anymore, this article is for you.
In this Constant Contact tutorial, we are going to show you how to cancel a Constant Contact subscription and everything else that relates to this.
If you prefer a better email marketing alternative, make sure to check out Sendinblue.
How to cancel a Constant Contact subscription?
To cancel a Constant Contact subscription:
- Log in to your Constant Contact account
- Click your profile name in the upper right corner
- Select ‘My Account’
- Then click on the ‘Billing’ tab
- Click on ‘View Statements’
- Click on ‘Cancel My Account’
- Click on the blue ‘Cancel My Account’ button again
- Select a reason why you are canceling Constant Contact
- Click on ‘Cancel Account’
If you go through these Constant Contact cancelation steps, your Constant Contact plan should be canceled.
What happens when you cancel your Constant Contact account?
Once you manage to cancel the subscription, here is what happens.
If you have paid for at least a month of subscription, you will have access to Constant Contact until the last day of your billing cycle.
However, after the last day of your paid subscription, you will lose access to Constant Contact and you no longer will be able to create and send email campaigns, set up autoresponder sequences, build email signup forms and landing pages, manage your subscribers, etc.
If you want to reactivate your subscription, all you have to do is to log in to your canceled Constant Contact account. Then you will be prompted to reactivate your Constant Contact subscription.
Looking for a Constant Contact Alternative?
Once you canceled Constant Contact but you still want to use another email marketing software, you just think that Constant Contact is missing some key features or it is too expensive, here are the best Constant Contact alternatives we recommend:
- Our recommended email marketing software: Sendinblue
- Cheapest email marketing tool: Mailerlite
- One-time fee for email marketing software: Sendfox
Can you get a refund on Constant Contact subscription?
Whether you can get a Constant Contact refund will depend on when you have canceled your Constant Contact subscription.
If you have canceled your Constant Contact subscription right after the purchase or renewal, there is a good chance that Constant Contact will refund you.
Make sure to contact the Constant Contact customer support team by opening a support ticket or sending an email to their support team.
In this email, explain to them why you are requesting a refund so there is a higher chance they will give you a full or partial refund of your Constant Contact purchase price.
Keep in mind that they might not be required to grant you a refund on your canceled Constant Contact subscription plan. For more specifics, check out Constant Contact’s Terms of Service.
What is Constant Contact and how can you use it?
Constant Contact is email marketing and CRM software that helps small businesses connect with their customers. Constant Contact offers a suite of tools to help businesses grow their customer base and manage their contact lists.
Constant Contact also provides templates and designs for creating professional-looking emails, as well as a range of reporting and analytics tools to help businesses track the performance of their campaigns.
Here is a list of Constant Contact features and tools:
- Customer list growth tools (website sign-up forms, Facebook ads)
- Email Marketing tools
- 300+ email templates
- Store, organize and view contacts
- Post to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn all at once
- Real-time reporting (list growth, views, clicks)
- Award-winning live phone and chat support
- Additional list growth tools (Google ads integrated, text message sign-up, lookalike ad targeting)
- Automated emails (resend to non-openers, abandoned cart reminder, birthday/anniversary)
- Auto-generated segments (most, somewhat, least engaged)
- Conversion and sales reporting
For 500 contacts, the Core plan starts at $9.99/month, while the Plus plan begins at $45/month. 12-month plans are eligible for a 15% discount, and nonprofit organizations can receive a 30% discount. Constant Contact offers a 60-day free trial period (no credit card is needed) as well as a 30-day money-back guarantee.