How to deactivate a Pinterest account temporarily?
Handling more than one account for a busy soul is quite difficult. Businesses have now swerved into digital media for getting known all around the world. And that’s why the business experts have active social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked In, and Pinterest. At a single time, maintaining all these accounts might seem hefty for a lot of people.
Without enough time and if you have too much on your plate to handle, a Pinterest account might add to your hectic schedule that you won’t be able to deal with. If you are one among them, then your query must be about how to deactivate a Pinterest account temporarily.
Pinterest is one of the great sources for collecting various photos and restoring them safely. Still, if you’re not interested to keep your Pinterest account active, then follow the instructions carefully.
Deactivate Your Pinterest Account from the Computer
- First, go to Pinterest. If you’re logged out, log in again on your account.
- Then in the top right corner, you’ll be able to see an arrow beside the account icon. Click on it.
- A dropdown box will be shown. Choose the ‘Settings’ option from the dropdown box.
- Here you can get the category ‘Account Settings’. Tap on it.
- You will be shown two different options on the account changing list among which one is ‘Delete Account’. If you’re expecting to remove your Pinterest account forever, then click on it.
You’ll be shown some questions about why you’re going to delete this Pinterest account. Select one of the reasons and click ‘next’. Now, you will also have to choose the ‘send mail’ option, and mail will be sent instantly stating the confirmation of deleting the account.
The second option other than ‘delete account’ is ‘Deactivate Account’. If you wish to deactivate your Pinterest account someday, then opt for this option. Deactivating means that you’re just hiding your Pinterest account and you are not temporarily active in eyes of the public. You can always use this account after re-activation.
How to deactivate a Pinterest account temporarily in the mobile app?
Many people are using Pinterest on their mobile phones who want to know how to deactivate a Pinterest account temporarily. These are the following steps how you should do it:
- Firstly, visit the Pinterest app.
- In the second step, you will be able to find your ‘Account’ tab below the right corner of the homepage.
- In the third step, go to the ‘3 dots’ present on the top right side and find the ‘Settings’ option from the dropdown.
- In the fifth step, select the Page Settings option. In the segment below, you can notice the ‘Account Change’ option for Android phones or the ‘Manage Account’ option for iOS. Next, the option ‘deactivate your account’ will be shown.
- In the final step, select ‘deactivate account’.
Now Your account is successfully deactivated.
What happens when you deactivate a Pinterest account?
So, by now you have learned how to deactivate a Pinterest account temporarily, but, what will happen after its deactivation? Let’s clarify:
- Deactivate means just giving a rest to your Pinterest account. If you’re again interested to use the account, you can reactivate it.
- Your photo, videos, or other information will not be executed publically during the deactivation period.
- However, your account remains the same, and whatever messages you have sent are still visible to you.
Deleting vs deactivating a Pinterest account
Deleting your Pinterest account means you have to lose your Pinterest account forever. You can never use this account for any future purpose. Even your pins, collected images, or information will not be visible anymore.
Within 14 days your account will be permanently removed. But deactivating a Pinterest account means that you have kept your account hidden for some reason. Your account will be not published publically but it’ll persist as it is.
How to reactivate a Pinterest account?
- Firstly, visit the website pinterest.com
- Next, put your email address and previous password to log in.
- If you forgot your password, you can click on the ‘reset’ option.
Remember, you have to give the same email address which you have already used for Pinterest.
Hope your queries on how to deactivate a Pinterest account temporarily are clear now. Follow the mentioned steps and deactivate your account.