Pinterest is the perfect social media platform for crafters to share their ideas and creations. It’s where you can share your art and view others’ art for inspiration. But if you’re not using it anymore or finding Pinterest as a business platform not effective anymore, you may want to delete it.
In this beginner Pinterest tutorial, we are going to show you how to delete a Pinterest account step by step.
How to Delete a Pinterest Account?
Here is how to delete a Pinterest account:
- Log into your Pinterest account.
- In the upper right hand corner of the screen, there’s a drop-down arrow, click on it.
- Select Settings from that drop-down menu.
- On the left hand side of the next screen, choose Account Management from the list of options.
- Scroll down to the Account Changes section then select Delete Account.
- A pop-up box will appear asking why you’re deleting your account. Select the most appropriate reason, then hit Next and Send Email.
- You will get an email from Pinterest asking you to confirm your decision. Select Yes, Delete My Account choice in the email.
How to Delete a Pinterest Account on iOS/Android Phones?
If you want to delete your Pinterest account from your phone, follow these steps. These steps are the same if you’re using an iOS or Android platform.
- Open your Pinterest app and log into your account, if necessary.
- Tap your profile icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the top-right hand corner of the next screen, tap the “…”.
- Select Settings then go to Account Management.
- Scroll down until you can choose Delete Account then hit Continue.
- Select the reason you’re deleting your account then tap the Send Email button.
- You’ll get an email from Pinterest asking you to confirm you want to delete your account; reply in the affirmative.
What Happens When You Delete a Pinterest Account?
Pinterest will store all your pins, boards, and ideas for two weeks after you delete your account, just in case you change your mind.
During that time, you can reactivate your account by logging in and requesting a reactivation link, which Pinterest will send via an email. After those two weeks are up, they will permanently delete your account.
If you have a personal Pinterest account and Pinterest business account linked, make sure to unlink them if you only want to delete one account because deleting one will delete the other while still linked.
What’s the Difference Between Deactivating and Deleting a Pinterest Account?
When you are going through the process of deleting your account, you’ll see the option to deactivate your account instead of deleting it. Which one to choose?
Deleting your Pinterest account permanently gets rid of it while deactivating your account hides your profile and any communications while you take a break. Whenever you’re ready, simply log back in with your email and reactivate the account. If you’re completely sure you no longer want to use Pinterest, go ahead and delete it. Otherwise, consider deactivating it instead.
What to Do if You Can’t Delete Your Pinterest Account?
You’ve made the choice to delete your account, and you’ve followed all the steps to delete it carefully, but the account is still there.
One of the biggest reasons people aren’t able to delete their accounts is because they aren’t logged into the account they’re trying to delete.
Double-check that you’re logged into the correct account because you won’t be able to delete your account until you are. If your account was suspended, you will need to go through a verification process with Pinterest in order to reactivate it again so you can proceed with deleting it.
If you can’t log in for other reasons, such as a forgotten password, request a password reset and once you’ve reset your password, you can proceed with deleting your account.
Pinterest is the perfect social media platform for crafters to share their crafts, ideas, and supplies. But if you need or want to delete your Pinterest account for any reason, doing so is simple; just make sure you’re logged into the correct account first.
If you’re not sure you want to lose all those pins forever but you need a break, you can deactivate your account instead. Once you’ve made your decision, you can take a break, completely leave Pinterest or start over with a new account. It’s completely up to you.