As the old saying goes, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” And on Pinterest, that saying rings especially true. With more than 200 billion pins, it’s no wonder people are sometimes overwhelmed by all the content on the site.
If you’re one of those people who’s looking for a way to delete Pinterest pins, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to deleting pins on Pinterest. So whether you’re looking to declutter your Pinterest boards or just want to know how to delete pins, keep reading!
How to Delete Pins on Pinterest?
There comes a time in every Pinterest user’s life when they have to say goodbye to some of their pins. Below are the steps you need to take to delete Pinterest pins you’ve either created or saved from the web:
How to delete pins you have created?
- Open Pinterest and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Profile icon in the upper-right corner of the main screen.
- Tap the Boards tab.
- Tap the board that contains the pin you need to delete.
- Tap the pin you need to delete.
- Click on the 3 dots
- Tap the Delete button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Delete once more to confirm.
How to delete pins saved from images from the web?
- Log into your Pinterest account and go to the main page.
- Tap on your profile picture at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the board where the image is saved.
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the image.
- Choose Edit pin
- Select Delete pin.
- A pop-up will ask if you’re sure you need to delete the pin. Click Delete again.
How to Delete Pins on Pinterest in the Mobile App?
Deleting pins on Pinterest can be a little confusing if you are not familiar with the app. Here are 8 easy steps to delete pins on Pinterest using the mobile app:
- Open the Pinterest app and sign in
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom right of the main screen
- Scroll down and click on the board the pin is saved in
- Tap the pin you intend to delete
- Click the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the pin
- Tap on Edit pin
- Click Delete
- Tap Delete once more to confirm
What Happens When you Delete Pins on Pinterest?
If you delete a pin on Pinterest, it’s gone for good. Pinterest doesn’t have a recycle bin or an undo button, so when you delete a pin, it’s gone forever.
When you delete a pin on Pinterest, the following things happen:
- The pin is removed from your boards
- The pin is removed from any group boards that it was added to
- The pin is removed from the Pinterest search engine
When you take pins down from your Pinterest boards, it’s important to keep in mind that this could potentially impact your followers. Deleting pins means losing all of the likes, saves, and comments that went along with them.
If you have a lot of pins and delete them all at once, it could look like you’re trying to hide something or that you’re not interested in your followers’ engagement.
How to Bulk Delete Pinterest Pins?
It can be really time-consuming to delete Pinterest pins one by one. Here is a quick way to bulk remove Pinterest pins:
- Log into your Pinterest account and navigate to main screen.
- Click on the Board that you need to delete pins from.
- Click on the Organize section of the Board.
- Navigate to the Pins section and click on the pins you need to delete to select them.
- Click on the Trash icon at the bottom of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure you need to delete the selected pins. Confirm the Delete action.
Can’t Delete Pins on Pinterest
If you’re trying to delete a pin from your Pinterest board, make sure you’re doing it from the board page, not your pins page.
If you try to delete it from your pins page, you won’t be able to because the pin is still pinned to one of your boards.