Pinterest is a wonderful platform with a bulletin board, where you can attach all your downloaded images. In this Pinterest tutorial, we are going to show you how to make a Pinterest board private.
Can you make a Pinterest board private and what does that mean?
On Pinterest, you can certainly make a Pinterest board private. The word ‘private’ signifies what it is. Sometimes, Pinterest users may dislike sharing their collected images with the outer world. In that case, some secret or private boards arrive in your grip. Your collection of the private board is only exposed to you.
Pinterest allows you to make a private board in two cases –
- If you have created a board on Pinterest previously.
- If you are going to create new board confidentiality.
For the first one, you should have followed some essential steps about how to make the Pinterest board private. And for the second one, you will get to choose the private board at the initial stage.
How to make a Pinterest board private?
Making a private Pinterest board has various motives. Some people may use their Pinterest account for business purposes. For them, the business or project-related classified images need to be kept hidden from the public’s notoriety.
They may have a succession of products that they want to promote gradually with their followers. Besides, some people may prefer to use the Pinterest board for their issues.
Or you may have a wish to present your account as well-designed. For this, you must have to hide your unnecessary pins. In that case, they also have to make a private board for conserving their special images.
Sometimes, one has an urgency to cultivate a new category. And the category of images may be expected to protect from others. This will need a private board. But you may be puzzled about how to make your Pinterest board private.
If you have already possessed a Pinterest board on Pinterest. Let’s share some steps with you.
For Existing Pinterest Board:
- First, you have to choose the specific board. There you will get the edit option.
- Secondly, you tap on that edit option. After clicking the edit option, the term ‘Visibility’ will be indicated.
- Thirdly, a checkbox will appear in front of you. There you can receive the option of being secret. Accepting the checkbox implies that your Pinterest board is private now.
For New Private Boards:
- First, from the Pinterest account choose the option ‘create a board’.
- Second, the ‘Visibility’ term will pop up again in front of the screen.
- Thirdly, click the checkbox and receive your new private board from the beginning.
How to make a Pinterest board private on iOS/Android phones?
Are you eagerly awaiting to know how to make Pinterest board private? Follow the instructions given below.
- First, you need to download the Pinterest app from Google Play Store. If you have an iOS or Apple Phone, you have to download it from Apple Play Store.
- Then you have to log in for opening an account on Pinterest.
- Click on ‘Profile’. From there you can customize your profile.
- In the fourth step, there you will get a ‘Plus’ icon just beside the search bar. From the ‘Plus’ icon, you can get the option of creating a board.
- In the fifth step, give a name to your board. Accept the toggle category to make your board private.
Can’t make a Pinterest board private
The above-spoken strategies are helpful to make a secret Pinterest board for you. Still, some users may toil with an issue that they can’t private their boards after following the steps.
The major reason is that they may skip one of the above-mentioned steps. Or they need to check the ‘Settings’ of Pinterest. There you’ll find the ‘Edit and Privacy’ option. Check that category cautiously.
From this article, you are possibly elucidated on how to make a Pinterest board private. Follow the steps carefully and get your private Pinterest board within a few minutes.