When people are searching for inspiration for new ideas, including ideas for new products to purchase, many people turn to Pinterest.
Pinterest is a popular social media platform that gives its uses the ability to share images and explore new recipes, styles, and interests by “pinning”, or posting, images and/or videos to their Pinterest board or collection and scrolling through others’ pins.
If you own a business and are looking for a great place to post ads, Pinterest may be the place for you.
Are Pinterest ads worth it?
Why you may ask, should I invest in Pinterest advertising?
Because Pinterest allows users to discover new things, one of the main things that people are discovering on the website is new products.
Therefore, it is a great place to advertise your products because it fits into the main user interest of the website, which is discovery!
Users are more likely to welcome rather than to ignore the ads that they see on Pinterest because they are often looking for new products and willing to shop.
It has been shown that products advertised on Pinterest earn as much as two times higher return on ad spend while retaining a 2.3x cheaper cost per conversion when compared to different social media platforms.
Pinterest has even recently added a feature called “Pinterest Lens” do the app, which allows you to point the camera at any object near you and to discover things that are similar to it.
Through their visually driven social media platform, Pinterest has become a lifestyle-focused website that lets its users share their own personal interests with other users, making it the perfect place for you to advertise your products!
Why should you advertise on Pinterest?
If you still need some convincing, here are a few reasons why Pinterest is the perfect website to advertise your business on!
- Your ads will survive after the original campaign ends. After your paid campaign ends, your promoted pin will stay up on Pinterest permanently!
- Pinterest is better for bringing traffic to external sites. Every single image that you post to Pinterest includes a link that automatically sends you to the source.
- Pinterest has a higher conversion rate. Over 50% of Pinterest pinners have bought products that they saw advertised on Pinterest.
- Pinterest can help you increase your brand engagement. When a business promotes their pin, they receive a 30% average of free engagement.
- You can create more demand for your business. A staggering 97% of search entries on Pinterest don’t say what specific brand they’re looking for. Therefore, users will actively search for the brand until they find it, which increases the demand.
Pinterest Ads vs Facebook Ads
If you’re trying to decide whether to advertise your business on Pinterest versus Facebook, here are some advantages of choosing Facebook ads that you should be aware of:
The pros of choosing Facebook Ads are:
- A higher possible reach to customers
- More abilities to target users and convert them into customers
- The Facebook Ads Manager tool, allows you to see the results of your campaign