Pinterest Collection Ads are probably one of the most innovative and effective ways to showcase your brand online. It offers convenience, mobile-friendliness, and several opportunities for increasing conversion rates.
If you’re interested in using Pinterest Collection Ads, this article will walk you through everything you need to know.
Pinterest Collection Ads Overview
The collection ads on Pinterest are one of the many ad types on the platform. It will be displayed in the home feed of the Pinterest user. Because of this, your product/s won’t look spam since it blends in with the actual feed and search results.
Collection ads will also make it easier to strike your market with visuals.
How exactly will it work? You start with a “hero image” or the main display image you will use. A user clicks on it, and on the bottom, your other products will come up instead of displaying the usually related images from other creators.
What makes this ad type different from the others is its format. Instead of advertising just one product, it will automatically display your other offers once a user clicks your pin.
This gives your market a shop-like experience since users can instantly browse through your products without actually going to your website.
Pinterest Collection Ads Specs
Though you have full control over what products you want to showcase, Pinterest still has a set of specifications that you should follow for your ad to be displayed correctly in your user’s feed. Here are some of the most important things that you need to know about this:
Pinterest Collection Ad Images
Image files should be in JPEG or PNG formats with a maximum file size of 10MB.
You should have only one hero creative. This is the first image the user will see, so make sure it’s attractive enough for them to engage with.
For secondary creatives, you can have up to 24. The recommended minimum is three, so you can make the most out of the collection feature. Note that this refers to the other products you want to market alongside your hero creative.
The aspect ratio of both the hero and secondary creatives can be 1:1 or 2:3, but the former will enable you to fully control how it will be seen on the feed. It will also prevent unnecessary cropping.
Pinterest Collection Ad Videos
For videos, you have to upload them in either one of the following formats:
No matter which format, they should be either H.264 or H.265 in terms of encoding. The maximum file size you can upload is 2GB, so you can rest assured that you won’t be that restricted if you want to market your shop through videos.
For the aspect ratio, I recommend sticking to the classic 1:1 or 2:3. You can also set them to 9:16 if you want a wider scope.
The whole visibility of your ad will depend on your caption. You need to pay attention to the title and description.
The maximum number of characters for the title is 100, but it’s best to keep it to 40 and below so it will be displayed on the user’s screen without clicking on the pin.
The description is optional, but for marketers, it’s a necessity for Pinterest to detect its relevance to search keywords. You can enter up to 500 characters here.
Pinterest Collection Ads – Tips and Best Practices
Of course, like any other digital marketing strategy, you have to put in the effort to make your Pinterest collection ads work. Below are some of the best tips and practices that you can apply to your ads:
- Choose an attractive product image for your hero creative.
- Incorporate SEO in both the title and description.
- Add your logos to your product images. This will help you showcase your brand better.
- Include functioning links in your creatives. It can lead to your shop’s page, social media site, or anything related to your brand.
- Stick to 1:1 ratios for images, so Pinterest won’t have to crop out the product and lower its aesthetic quality.
How to Create Pinterest Collection Ads?
If you already have one, the next step is to choose between manually curating your collection ad or letting Pinterest automatically create it.
For those that want the manual method, here are the things that you should do:
- Click “Create” and “Create Pin” on the Pin Builder tab.
- Upload your hero image on the new page that will appear.
- Type in your pin’s title and description.
- Add links, if any.
- To add secondary images, click the tag icon on the menu on the left side of your screen. Do this repeatedly until you upload all the creatives you want to add.
- Click “Save Products” once you’re done.
- If you want to publish the collection ads, click “Publish.”
On the flip side, below are the steps if you want to automate your ads:
1. Under “Create,” click “Create Ad.”
2. Click “Catalog Sales” under the business goal tab.
3. Fill out the necessary details, such as “Campaign Details,” “Ad Group Details,” “Targeting,” and likes.
4. Choose “Collection Ads” under “Choose a format.”
5. Upload all the images that you want to use.
6. Add links, if any. You can also turn on third-party tracking if you want to monitor stats.
7. Choose your preference under “Budget & Schedule.” You should also set your options for “Optimization & Delivery.”
8. If you’re done with the ad, click “Launch.”
Whether you create your collection ad manually or automatically, don’t forget to market your ads through Pinterest’s campaigns. Doing so will let you increase its overall visibility on the platform.