Pinterest statistics is an excellent way for people in marketing to know what is trending and how to connect with the audience.
In this blog post about Pinterest statistics, I will cover everything you would need to know about Pinterest statistics that can help businesses and marketers understand the platform better.
Pinterest User Statistics
Pinterest is a great social site with millions of active users engaging in various pins that can significantly help businesses and marketers understand the current trends and platforms demographic dynamics; here are the most important statistical data about Pinterest users.
- Most of the Pinterest users found on the social platform are women, making up 76.7% of the platform’s users.
- When it comes to Pinterest user statistics in terms of their user’s age, women from 25 to 34 rank the highest with 29.1% of the bracket.
- While Pinterest is a great social platform that involves a lot of inspiring photos, it is not a surprise that the audience found on Pinterest overlaps with another picture-heavy social platform, Instagram, with both platforms having an overlapping 86.2% when it comes to their audience.
- Because of the ongoing pandemic, there has been a 12% decrease in Pinterest monthly active users from 98 million to 86 million.
- While there are a lot of social media platforms available, statistics as of 2022 show that 1.8% of internet users actually prefer Pinterest above other platforms.
Pinterest Ad Revenue Statistics
Pinterest makes a lot of money because of its ad revenue. Their “promoted pins” are very effective when it comes to advertising businesses that are found on Pinterest.
Pinterest specializes in using the user’s data to help promote advertisements to reach their desired target audience based on the user’s likes, interests, and searches.
Pinterest’s annual revenue has been steadily increasing because of these promoted pins, going from $299 Million in 2016 to $1.6 billion in 202. Its highest was in Q4 of 2021 and experienced a slight setback as of Q1 2022 because of the pandemic.
Pinterest Marketing Statistics
With so many users being on Pinterest, it’s a great social platform that can help a business get its target audience.
Pinterest is a great platform to showcase your business and what your market has to offer; with that being said, it is essential to take note of the Pinterest marketing statistics to see what your potential audience or market can be like. Here are a few marketing stats you should take note of
- Promoted pins can reach up to 200 million people on Pinterest, which makes it a great area that can help a business hit its target audience in one location or around the globe.
- Pinterest is a great platform when it comes to shopping engagement, with Pinterest engagement in terms of shopping growing over 20% each quarter last 2021.
- Most of the audience Pinterest has are shoppers, people who are in the mood to purchase stuff they want or need.
- Pinterest has an AR Try-On feature that allows users to try on decors and make-ups to help businesses grow better.
Pinterest Usage Statistics
Pinterest has a lot of usage statistics that can be great for businesses. Here are a few Pinterest usage statistics that can benefit you if you are looking to market your business on the platform.
- Pinterest is a social platform that is packed with photos that give people ideas and inspiration regarding what to wear, what to cook, what their homes should look like, and more. With that being said, Pinterest has about 444 million people and counting using the social media platform, which makes it a great platform to market your business.
- Pinterest is the 4th most popular social media platform in the US, above other popular platforms, such as TikTok, Reddit, Twitter, and more.
- Statistics show that the primary users on Reddit are primarily composed of women, with women users being at 77.1%, male users at 14.8% and the remaining 8.4% being unspecified.
- Pinterest has over 200 billion pins on the platform, which showcases tons of inspiration and ideas people can browse and look into
- Most photos on Pinterest do not have a brand, which gives branded businesses the chance to showcase what their market has to offer on the platform through their pins. Pinterest is great for finding ideas, which makes it a great platform to share what