If you want to check if you have installed the Pinterest Pixel the right way then installing the Pinterest Tag Helper is a must.
In this Pinterest ads tutorial, I will share with you everything you need to know about a Pinterest tag helper and how it can be helpful to you.
What Is The Pinterest Tag Helper?
The Pinterest tag helper is a chrome extension you can add to Pinterest when you are using the platform on your browser. This extension helps users understand the value of Pinterest as a partner through back data that’s passed onto you through the extension.
Pinterest tag help aids users and ensures them that they are sending the right and intended event data by showing the results of the data that is passed on a tag event in Pinterest.
The Pinterest tag helper extension also helps users validate if they are sending the correct enhanced match value that would be given to any of the user’s pages on their website.
Pinterest tag is beneficial in keeping track of how many visitors your site can get; this code by Pinterest tag also helps users measure how effective their Pinterest ads are in seeing what people do after engaging with the ad.
A Pinterest tag is composed of the base code, which has to be placed on every page of the user’s website, and the event code, which should be placed on the pages where the user would want to track conversions.
Why You Should Implement The Pinterest Tag Accurately?
Implementing your Pinterest tag accurately can give your Pinterest site a lot of functions and benefits that can help you when it comes to your market.
Properly implementing your Pinterest tag can help you measure your campaign performances, accurately build audiences for targeting, tracking, and optimizing conversions, becoming a verified merchant, and gaining access to conversion insights.
How To Install The Pinterest Tag Helper?
If you are looking to install the Pinterest tag helper yourself, follow these simple step-by-step guides on how to install the Pinterest tag helper.
- Before you can install the Pinterest tag helper, you will need to have a Pinterest business account and set up your ads manager to be able to install the Pinterest tag helper. You can start installing your tag from the conversions page found in the ad manager.
- Next, you will need to add your Pinterest tag to your website by copying your base code from the conversions page in ads manager; you will need to place it in the <head> tag in your website’s HTML. Next, you should copy the event codes that you would want to keep track of from the conversions and place the code on pages you want to keep track of
- Next, you will need to enable enhanced matches so you can see more tracking actions. Enhanced match gives you the option to better track checkouts on your page and increases your match rate.
- When done, you will need to verify your Pinterest tag and make sure it is working, and this can be checked by downloading Pinterest tag helper, which is a chrome extension.
- Visit and view conversion reporting, which can be found in the reporting section in ads manager, and this will help you see how many conversions happened because of your Pinterest ad.
- Check your conversion insights found in the analytics section of the ads manager to scale and see the impact and reach of your organic pins, ads, and overall traffic on your site.
How To Use Pinterest Tag Helper To Verify Pinterest Pixel Events With It?
To use your Pinterest tag helper, follow this simple step-by-step guide on how to do so
- After opening your Pinterest website in google chrome, click on the Pinterest tag helper icon; this icon will have a gray number box that indicates the number of tag events that are firing; click this icon for more information.
- After clicking, a drop-down arrow icon will appear, which can be found next to the event name. Standard events data would be sent through your event tag. This event data would share data about values and quantities from the event.
If You do not see any event data, check and ensure your event data values match what you expect from the current page.