Reddit has been around for ages, helping its users to express and gain knowledge in a simplified format. Often new Reddit users struggle to post here properly. If you are wondering how to post on Reddit successfully to get your message across, then read on.
How to post on Reddit on a desktop?
Many new users get confused when they are about to post on Reddit for the first time. Here are the steps to follow for a proper Reddit posting from your desktop:
- From your PC or Mac, open the browser of your choice and log in to your Reddit account.
- It is necessary to sign in for posting or else you will be directed back to the homepage unable to post anything.
- Once you are successfully logged in, go to the “subreddit” or community where you want to post. Use the search box at the top to find the subreddit. You can also enter a URL (reddit.com/r/subredditname) to find the subreddit as well.
- At the top right corner near the subreddit’s header, you will find the “Create Post” button. Click on it to continue.
- There will be a message box where you can write down what you want to post. Make sure that you add a related title on the designated field as well for a better reach.
- Once you are done, click on “Post” to submit your writing which will be shown as your post.
How to post on Reddit on iPhone or on an Android phone?
Do you prefer surfing Reddit from your smart device? Then, for posting on Reddit via your iPhone or Android devices or smartphones, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- When considering posting from mobile devices, it will be better to post from the official app of Reddit. Download the app and log in to access it.
- Once you have logged in successfully, go to the subreddit where you want to post your thoughts. Subscribe to it and then you can simply tap the icon at the bottom of squares and circles for an easier posting experience. If you are not interested in subscribing, then search for the subreddit in the top search bar provided by the app.
- At the bottom, you will see a “pencil” icon. Tap on it to post.
- You can then post your content. You are allowed to add a title and multimedia content to make the post more attractive and legit.
- After you are done, tap on the “Post” button present at the top-right corner to post the content successfully from your account.
Tips for successful Reddit posts
If you feel that you have a weak Reddit posting game, then the following tips can definitely help you to achieve your posting goals:
- Make sure you have an attractive title that provides information about your post briefly. Most Redditors judge a post by its title. The title should tug on the emotion of the Redditor which will ensure they read on.
- For your first few posts, choose a subreddit that is popular or attracts a huge number of Redditors. Considering only popular or trending topics will help you to be more visible on the app.
- Posting during peak time will help you to have a successful post on Reddit. Research when the involved Redditors are active mainly. Try to post during that time for more connectivity.
Can’t post on Reddit
If you can’t post on Reddit even after following the steps and tips mentioned above, then chances are your account is just a few hours old. Posting is not allowed to limit spamming and scamming. You have to wait for a week at least.
During this time, strengthen your account with some “karma” from upvoting and commenting. If you do this, then you will definitely be able to post on Reddit successfully.
Summing Up – Posting on Reddit
These were everything you needed to know on how to post on Reddit accurately. Hopefully, with the help of the information provided today, you will not face any issues when posting on Reddit.