Reddit is a social platform that is steadily increasing in users. With so many new users on Reddit, the first thing they would do is customize their profile.
I will be sharing with you the ideal Reddit banner size + how to make a subreddit banner.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on the Reddit banner, check out this one:
Reddit Banner Size And Specs
After you have made your Reddit account, it is always best to customize your account first before you start posting and commenting on various subreddits. When it comes to your Reddit banner size, take note of these measurements to get the right banner size. Here are the ideal dimensions and specs for your Reddit banner size.
- Large Size Banner: 1920×384 pixels(192px) at an aspect ratio of 5:1
- Medium Size Banner: 1920×256 pixels(128px) at an aspect ratio of 7.5:1
- Small Size Banner: 1920×128 pixels(64px) at an aspect ratio of 15:1
Here are the recommended size and specs that would work well for primary subreddit banners; if you are thinking of using the large size banner, an instance may occur that the picture you chose for the banner would not be fitted automatically. In case this happens, raise your selected image to 4-8 pixels higher from the center of the image so the picture would be centered.
How To Upload Or Change A Banner On A Subreddit?
Uploading or changing a Reddit banner can be confusing at first, especially if you are doing the process for the first time. If you want to learn how to upload your Reddit banner, follow these step-by-step guides in uploading your banner on your subreddit.
- Go to your subreddit.
- Look for “Moderate Tools,” which can be found in the sidebar.
- Look for “Subreddit Settings” and click on it.
- Look for “Look and Feel,” which you can find by scrolling down.
- Look for “Upload Header Image” and click on it.
- After you click on “Upload Header Image,” a Choose File option will appear, allowing you to choose the photo you want to upload.
- Select the image you want to upload and click “Done” or “Upload” to upload the selected image to your Reddit banner
If you want to change your banner on your subreddit, you can follow the exact step-by-step process to change and upload a new subreddit banner.
How To Make A Reddit Banner For Free?
If you want your community or subreddit to be unique and personal to the topic your sub is focusing on, then making a customized Reddit banner is the best way to express this. You can always use software that’s free like “Snappa” to make your customized Reddit banner.
You can easily make a Reddit banner with Snappa, giving your subreddit the perfect personalized custom banner it needs. Here is a step-by-step guide to how you can make your Reddit banner
- Follow and pick one of the dimensions mentioned above
- Add a background image of your choosing after picking dimensions and specs
- Add extra graphics to personalize the banner, such as shapes, texts, and effects
- When you are done designing your Reddit banner, save it and upload it on your subreddit.
In making your subreddit banner, make sure you choose graphic elements relevant to the topic your subreddit is covering to make it more relevant and fitting to the mood and tone your subreddit is covering.
If your subreddit covers a topic or franchise with a brand, pick branded imagery appropriate for the branded subreddit you are running. While designing your subreddits banner can get exciting, keep in mind to design it neatly and clean and not overdesign the way it looks.
Reddit Banner Makers
Making your own unique Reddit banner for your subreddit can be a fun and exciting process, but if you are looking for sites with Reddit banner templates, then those are available.
If you want to check out Reddit banner templates for general use or as a source of inspiration, here are a few examples of where you can either make or browse for templates for Reddit banner makers.
These are a few examples of where you can either make or check templates of Reddit banners that would work well with your subreddit.