In this statistics article, we have compiled the most interesting and important statistics and facts about Reddit.
Reddit User Statistics
- Reddit had about 36 million daily users in 2020. But Reddit now has over 52 million active users in a daily analysis. In the last year, Reddit’s active daily user numbers have increased by 44 percent.
- Lately, Reddit has changed its focus away from monthly active users and toward daily users. However, there are ample records as to how many people access the site at least once per month.
- Reddit had its most monthly installations so far in January 2021. The 6.6 million worldwide installations marked a twofold increase over last year. Reddit had an expected 122.5 million downloads on iPhone and Android by the year of 2020. The United States accounts for approximately 46% of global additions.
- Reddit has generated $1.3 billion in seven fundraising deals. During investment phases disclosed in the last two years, 73.8 % of Reddit’s overall budget was distributed.
- Finally, according to the last fundraising round disclosed in August 2021, Reddit is worth at $9.6 billion. Since 2019, the value has skyrocketed.
Reddit Revenue Statistics
- In performance compared to Twitter and Facebook, Reddit still generates a minimal amount of cash from marketing. Still, the website has begun to make genuine headway, increasing the size of its advertising industry by 112% in the past two years.
- Reddit’s previous two financing rounds, its most recent of which placed the firm at $6 billion, appear to be significantly influenced by recent changes to the site’s layout and policies on abuse.
- In the year 2020, Reddit will have more than 30 billion views each and every quarter.
- In February of 2021, Reddit valuation was estimated to be $6 billion, which was double what it was in 2019.
- Conde Nast Publications bought Reddit for the sum of $20 million one year after it was first made publicly available. Just a few years later, Advance Publications, a business owned by Conde Nast, transferred Reddit to its independent platform.
Reddit Content Statistics
- Regarding statistics about Reddit, anything which does not enquire gets over than 1,000 upvotes than the news that does.
- People use Reddit to find new products, sites, services, and highly targeted information. The recent articles with links, on the other hand, received nearly 16,000 higher upvotes than that of the frequent words articles.
- In general, videos receive the most upvotes, trailed by photographs. As a result, the best video and photo submissions received almost 10,000 higher upvotes than web links.
- The Foundation Marketing group found that articles with titles of 60-80 letters received more upvotes across all discussion forums studied. Articles with over 120 letters or less than 20 characters fared the worst.
- This dataset displays the most successful Reddit posts in 2018, including the amount of upvotes each post earned. With 313,000 user upvotes, a single clip was the most popular post on Reddit.
- During the year, starting in January 2021 and ending in September 2021, there were around 558,000 active subreddits formed.
- In the year 2020, the groups with the highest levels of activity included r/coronavirus, r/stimuluscheck, and r/coronavirusrecession. Over 502 million times were devoted to discussing COVID-19 on the website.
- There are many different reasons why subreddits could be deleted from the website. The fact that a subreddit is not monitored is by far the most popular explanation (77%). In fact, 8% of subreddits were banned because they contained content that was deemed to be offensive, and 5% were deleted because they engaged in harassing behavior.
- The subreddit with the most members is r/announcements. It has 117.14 million active users and adds an estimate of 124,000 new users per month.
- In addition, there was a staggering growth of 9972.4 percent in the level of growth in the r/blacklivesmatter community in the year 2020.
Reddit Usage Statistics
- Reddit has a low level of participation among users between the ages of 13 and 14. The website has only received 4% of users, which is a significantly lower percentage when contrasted to Snapchat and Instagram.
- The US is home to 222 million Reddit members, which accounts for 48% of the site’s total membership. Other nations with significant numbers of users are the United Kingdom (7.6%), Germany (3.8%), Australia (3.8%), and Canada (7.4 percent).
- The biggest proportion of Reddit’s user population consists of individuals between the ages of 18 and 29, garnering 64% of the entire proportion. The age bracket in between 30 to 49 years old is the second-largest age range with over 29%.
- The Democratic party has the backing of the vast number (79 percent) of Reddit’s user community.
- When it comes to the demography of Reddit users in the United States, approximately 70% of users are white, 7% black, and 12% are Hispanic.