Learn to upscale your AI-generated images in Midjourney for better printing and high-resolution display. Discover how different Model Versions impact upscaling.
Dive into third-party upscaling solutions, including Midjourney Upscale to Max and Midjourney Beta Upscale.
I’ll guide you through the process of preparing your AI art for printing and elevating its quality with simple, clear steps.
What Is Midjourney Upscale?
Midjourney Upscale is a powerful feature embedded within the Midjourney AI platform.
It caters to the needs of users who wish to improve the size and quality of their low-resolution images generated by the tool.
This enhancement is particularly useful when you want to prepare your artwork for printing, display on high-resolution screens, or simply for the pleasure of viewing in greater detail.
Midjourney Model Versions
Midjourney offers different Model Versions, and the latest ones produce high-resolution images by default. These images come in at a respectable 1024 x 1024 pixels, eliminating the need for additional upscaling steps.
However, it’s important to note that Midjourney does not currently have an upscaler for its latest V5 model, and clicking on the U1, U2, U3, or U4 buttons will not improve the image quality either.
To truly take advantage of Midjourney Upscale, users can explore third-party upscaling solutions like Gigapixel AI or chaiNNer, which can further enhance the resolution of their Midjourney images.
How to Use Midjourney Upscale to Max
Midjourney Upscale to Max is a feature that allows users to reach the pinnacle of resolution available within the tool. The maximum resolution that Midjourney can achieve is an impressive 2048×2048 pixels. However, there’s a catch – this feature is not currently supported by Midjourney V5.
To get the most out of Midjourney Upscale to Max, here’s what you need to do:
- Understand Your Print Needs: First, determine the resolution you require for your print. For example, if you’re aiming for a 4K print, you’ll want a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels.
- Generate an Image with Midjourney: Use Midjourney to create an image that is as close to your desired resolution as possible. If you’re targeting 4K, generate an image that is 2048×2048 pixels.
- Leverage Third-Party Upscalers: To achieve the desired 4K resolution, turn to third-party upscalers like Cutout Pro, Gigapixel AI, or chaiNNer. These tools utilize AI algorithms to enhance the resolution without sacrificing quality.
- Preview and Save: Once the upscaling process is complete, carefully inspect the upscaled image for any signs of quality loss or distortion. Ensure that the final image looks crisp and clear before proceeding.
Please bear in mind that excessive upscaling can potentially lead to image quality issues, so it’s vital to use reliable upscaling tools and assess the results before printing your artwork.
What Is Midjourney Beta Upscale?
Midjourney Beta Upscale is yet another feature that users can explore to elevate the resolution of their images. It allows you to increase the image size up to 2048×2048 pixels without compromising on quality. This feature is particularly effective for images that contain faces or smooth surfaces. However, please note that it is not supported by Midjourney V5.
To use Midjourney Beta Upscale, you can set it as your default upscale method by adding the “–upbeta” parameter at the end when prompting an image in Midjourney. This ensures that you’re getting the biggest possible resolution out of your image directly within the platform.
Upscaling Midjourney Images for Print
Creating artwork that’s suitable for printing is a common goal among Midjourney users. To upscale Midjourney images for print, you can follow these straightforward steps:
- Determine Required Resolution: Identify the resolution needed for your print. For instance, if you’re aiming for a 4K print, you’ll want an image resolution of 3840×2160 pixels.
- Generate an Image: Use Midjourney to generate an image that closely matches the desired resolution. For a 4K print, a 2048×2048 pixel image is a good starting point.
- Utilize Third-Party Upscaling: Employ third-party upscaling tools like Pixelcut’s AI photo upscaler or Media.io AI Image Upscaler to further increase the resolution to your target, such as 3840×2160 pixels.
- Preview and Refine: Carefully inspect the upscaled image for any loss of quality or distortion. Make any necessary adjustments to ensure that your artwork looks sharp and vibrant.
By following these steps, you can confidently upscale your Midjourney images for print, allowing you to display your AI-generated art in all its glory.
In conclusion, Midjourney Upscale and related features provide users with the means to enhance the resolution and quality of their AI-generated artwork. Whether you’re preparing your creations for printing, sharing them on high-resolution screens, or simply delighting in the finer details, Midjourney’s upscaling capabilities empower you to take your art to the next level.