Are just starting out with YouTube, and have no idea what a YouTube brand account is?
No worries, in this YouTube tutorial, we are going to explain what a YouTube brand account is and how a YouTube brand account works.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
What is a brand account on YouTube?
A YouTube brand account is different from a personal Google account and is specifically designed for brands and businesses.
If you link a YouTube channel to a YouTube brand account, the YouTube channel can be accessed via multiple Google Accounts. Also, you can manage all of your YouTube channels via one Google Account.
How does a YouTube brand account work?
There are a couple of reasons that a YouTube brand account can be helpful:
- You want to give YouTube channel access to other people but not to your Google account
- You want to separate your Google account from your YouTube channel. This way, you don’t have to show your email address or your name on the YouTube channel
- It is also helpful if you have multiple YouTube channels and you want to manage them under one Brand account
How to check if you have a YouTube brand account already?
It is not that obvious if you have already created a YouTube brand account or not.
Fortunately, it is really easy to check if you have one:
- Open this link: https://myaccount.google.com/brandaccounts
- Make sure you view this page via the right Google account.
- Have a look at the Your Brand Account section.
If you don’t see this section, it probably means that you haven’t set up a YouTube brand account yet.
YouTube Brand Account vs personal Account
The main difference between a YouTube brand account and a personal YouTube account is that the brand account should be created for companies that manage multiple YouTube channels and also if they want to add access to multiple people.
A personal YouTube account can only be connected to one YouTube channel as an owner.
How to set up a YouTube brand account?
We have a separate tutorial, where we go through the process of setting up a YouTube brand account. You can check out the tutorial here: