Is your Facebook group getting big and you don’t have time to moderate the group discussions yourself? It is a great opportunity to add a moderator to the Facebook group.
In this tutorial, besides showing you how to add moderators to Facebook groups, we are also going to explain the difference between a Facebook group moderator and an administrator, what a FB group admin can do, and anything related to Facebook group moderators.
If you prefer a video tutorial on the process of adding a moderator to a Facebook Group, scroll down to the bottom of the article.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
What can a Facebook group moderator do?
As the name suggests, the Facebook group moderator’s primary role is to moderate the discussion in the Facebook groups.
So here is what a Facebook group moderator can do:
- Approve and deny Facebook group posts
- Remove group posts if they think it is inappropriate
- Delete comments from FB group posts
- Remove and block people from Facebook groups
- Pin and unpin Facebook group posts
- Approve and deny membership requests.
Let’s see what a Facebook group moderator can’t do compared to a Facebook group admin who has access to everything.
Facebook group admin vs moderator
A Facebook group admin can also do the tasks we have collected above. Besides that, a Facebook group admin can, and a Facebook group moderator can’t do the following:
- A Facebook group moderator can’t make another member admin or moderator
- A Facebook group mod can’t remove another admin or moderator
- And a Facebook moderator can’t manage the FB group settings
So if you are the owner of the Facebook group, in most cases, you should add someone as a moderator to the Facebook group if you want him to help you with moderation issues.
Let’s see how to add a moderator to a Facebook group you manage.
How to add a moderator to the Facebook group?
Here is how to add a moderator to the Facebook groups:
- Open the Facebook group you want the add the mod to
- Click on ‘Members’ in the Facebook group
- Search for the person you want to make the moderator
- Click on the three dots next to their name
- Select ‘Invite to be a moderator
- Click on ‘Send Invite’
The person will get a notification that she was invited to be a moderator. You can cancel the invitation also if you change your mind.
If you want to see the process of making someone a Facebook group moderator, check out the tutorial here:
Can’t add Facebook group moderator
If you can’t make someone a Facebook group moderator, here are the most common reasons you should be aware of.
First, the person who you want to make the Facebook group moderator has to be a member in the Facebook group. So you have to invite that person to the FB group first before you would be able to make her a Facebook group mod.
Secondly, as we have mentioned above, you have to be a Facebook group admin to be able to make someone a Facebook group moderator.
So if you are not a Facebook group admin, first you have to ask an admin to add you as the admin to the Facebook group:
Get rid of the Facebook group moderator
We have a separate tutorial where we show how to remove Facebook group moderators from a group. Check it out here: