Here is a free ChatGPT API calculator you can use to calculate how much the ChatGPT API cost.
ChatGPT API Cost Calculator
Frequently Asked Questions – ChatGPT API Pricing Calculator
How do I use the ChatGPT API Cost Calculator?
To use the ChatGPT API cost calculator, do the following:
- Enter the length of your prompt in words in the “Prompt Length” input field.
- Enter the estimated length of the output content in words in the “Estimated Output Content Length” input field.
- Click the “Calculate” button to see the estimated cost based on the ChatGPT API pricing.
How much does the ChatGPT API cost per word or token?
- The ChatGPT API pricing is $0.002 per 1K tokens. Since 1 token is approximately equal to 0.75 words, the cost per word is also $0.002.
What is the official name of ChatGPT API Model?
The official name of the ChatGPT API model is gpt-3.5-turbo model.
How ChatGPT API Turbo model compares to other OpenAI model in terms of pricing?
When comparing the pricing of the ChatGPT API Turbo model to other OpenAI models, here’s how it compares:
- For prompt-based completion with an 8K context, the GPT-4 API model is priced at $0.03 per 1K tokens.
- For prompt-based completion with a 32K context, the GPT-4 API model is priced at $0.06 per 1K tokens.
In comparison to other models:
- The ChatGPT API Turbo model is optimized for dialogue and performs on par with the Instruct Davinci model.
- The pricing for the ChatGPT API Turbo model is $0.002 per 1K tokens.
For the Instruct models:
- The Ada model is the fastest, priced at $0.0004 per 1K tokens.
- The Babbage model is priced at $0.0005 per 1K tokens.
- The Curie model is priced at $0.0020 per 1K tokens.
- The Davinci model is the most powerful, priced at $0.0200 per 1K tokens.