The portfolio section of your LinkedIn profile is one of the most important selling tools you have. After all, people visit your profile specifically to see your work and decide whether or not to hire you. The content on your portfolio matters tremendously.
By adding your portfolio website link to your LinkedIn profile, you’ll boost your online credibility and make yourself more marketable. This article will discuss how to add a portfolio link to the LinkedIn profile.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to add a portfolio link to LinkedIn, check out this one:
Why Should You Add Your Portfolio to Your LinkedIn Profile?
When you add your portfolio to your LinkedIn profile, you’re showing potential employers that you have the skills and experience they’re looking for.
By providing a link to your portfolio, you’re proving that you know how to present yourself professionally and that you’re dedicated to maintaining an up-to-date online presence. It also helps candidates search for opportunities based on their interests.
The more relevant experience candidates have, the more quickly they’ll be able to find the job that’s right for them. The following are the reason why you should have a portfolio LinkedIn Profile:
- It makes you stand out from the crowd
- It adds credibility to your resume
- It can help you get a job
- It is a centerpiece for your work
How to Add Portfolio Link to LinkedIn Profile?
When looking for a job, it’s essential to have a well-designed LinkedIn profile. You can use LinkedIn to connect with recruiters and hiring managers and showcase your skills, work experience, projects, education, and other professional achievements. Your LinkedIn profile provides an opportunity to show off your best professional self. It’s your chance to convince recruiters and hiring managers that you’re the perfect candidate for the job.
That’s where the portfolio comes in. The LinkedIn portfolio allows you to share relevant examples of your work and help you stand out from other candidates.
By adding your portfolio link to your LinkedIn profile, you’ll be able to show off your past work experience, education, and projects clearly and concisely that will get hiring managers’ attention. Here’s how to add your portfolio link to LinkedIn:
- Go to your LinkedIn profile and click on the “Edit Profile” button.
- Scroll down to the “Professional Experience” section and click on the link that says “Add a Project.”
- Select the option that says “Portfolio” and enter your portfolio URL. Then, click on the blue “Save Changes” button at the bottom of your screen.
- Add a link to your portfolio on your website, LinkedIn profile, or any other place where you want potential employers to be able to view it.
Tips for What to Showcase in a Portfolio
A portfolio can help show off your skills to potential employers. But how do you decide what to include in your portfolio? Here are some tips for finding the perfect pieces to showcase.
Consider Your Audience
When you’re deciding which pieces to put in your portfolio, it’s important to consider who will be looking at it. For example, if you’re applying for a job as a business writer, it would be best to include business-related writing samples. And if you’re applying for jobs in several different areas, it may make sense to create multiple portfolios-one for each type of job you’re seeking.
Highlight Your Best Work
It may be tempting to put every single piece of writing you’ve ever done into your portfolio. But don’t do it! Only include work that showcases what makes you and your writing special. Remember, this is an opportunity to give hiring managers a glimpse at how amazing you are-so make sure they only see your very best stuff!
Choose Works That Demonstrate Your Skills and Talent
You want to show off your strengths, whatever they may be-whether that’s your ability to write catchy copy or your knowledge of HTML and CSS. If possible, pick a few pieces from different projects you’ve worked on, so you can show off variety instead of just depth in one specific area.
Show Off Any Awards You’ve Won for Your Work
If you’ve won any awards or been recognized by trade organizations for your work, Show off any awards you’ve won for your work. Could you put it in there? Awards are significant evidence that others appreciate the value of your work, which will likely help you stand out from the crowd.
Can’t Add Portfolio Link to LinkedIn Profile
You are running into trouble adding a portfolio link to your LinkedIn profile because you don’t have a Premium account. While it’s possible to publish a portfolio on LinkedIn, the feature is only available to users with a Premium account. To create a Premium account and add your portfolio link to your profile, follow these steps:
- Visit the pricing page and select the plan that works best for you.
- Once you choose your plan, select “Get Started.” You’ll be prompted to sign in or create an account if you haven’t already done so.
- After signing in, enter your payment information and billing address.
- After your order is processed, you’ll receive an email with your login information.
FAQs on How to Add Portfolio Link to LinkedIn Profile?
To manage your portfolio on LinkedIn, you must have a public portfolio. Even if you are not ready to make your work public, you can still start a limited profile and add an image. Here are some of the FAQs.
Where Do I Put My Portfolio Link on LinkedIn?
When you’re looking for a job, your LinkedIn profile is one of the employers’ first places to check you out. Follow these steps:
- Make sure your profile photo is professional.
- Take some time to polish up your headline. Do you want to show off your experience? Your education? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- Have you added all of your work experience? If not, be sure to update this section so that potential employers can get a better idea of who you are and what skills you have.
- Did you know that LinkedIn has a section where you can add links to projects or portfolios that showcase your skills? It’s called “Accomplishments,” and it’s a great way to share examples of your work with potential employers.
- Scroll down until you see an option for “Media.” This is where we’ll add our portfolio link! Just click on “Add” and fill out the form with the details from our portfolio site.
Where Can I Upload My Portfolio?
Your portfolio should be kept up to date with your most recent work. If you’re like most freelancers, you probably have access to a few different places where you can put your portfolio online.
The best place to host your portfolio depends on the type of work you do, what platforms or tools you use to manage your professional life, and how much control over the design of the online presence you want to have.
If you want to use one of the social networking platforms to promote your design or development portfolio and get it out there in front of as many potential clients as possible, then you’re going to want to publish it to LinkedIn. It’s not a primary option but can prove a useful one if no other methods have been particularly effective in terms of getting your content seen.