In this LinkedIn profile tutorial, we are going to show you how to add promotions on LinkedIn whether you are on a desktop computer or on your mobile.
We are also going to cover some mistakes people make when they add a promotion to their Linkedin profile.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to add a new promotion to your LinkedIn profile, check out this video tutorial:
How To Add Promotion on LinkedIn Profile (desktop)?
Here is how to add job promotion on LinkedIn if you are on desktop:
- Open Linkedin.com and sign in to your account
- Next, click the “Me” tab in the upper right side of the page
- Click on the “View profile” button.
- Go the job you want to update with the promotion
- Click on the pencil icon next to it.
- Now add the job title and other information that has been altered recently.
- Click on the “Update my industry” tab and then tap on the “Update my headline” place.
- To ensure that Your LinkedIn connections get notification about the LinkedIn promotion, you have to toggle on the option named, ‘Notify network’.
- Now click on the “Save” button.
How To Add Promotion on LinkedIn? (mobile)?
Here is how to add promotions on the Linkedin mobile app:
- Open the LinkedIn mobile app and sign in to your LinkedIn account
- Click on the profile picture you have
- Then choose the option, “View Profile”.
- Scroll down on the page and go to the “Experience” section.
- Click on the Pencil icon
- Secondly, go to the job you want to update with the promotion
- Click the pencil icon next to the job.
- Make the job promotion update you have just had.
- Click on ‘Save’
This process of adding a promotion on LinkedIn in the mobile app works whether you have an iPhone or an Android phone.
Why does it make sense to add a promotion to your LinkedIn profile?
When you enter promotions on LinkedIn, it has several benefits
- You will be able to maintain your CV on LinkedIn and it can stay updated with the promotion
- An up-to-date LinkedIn profile with your job promotions here will help you achieve better goals in your career.
- Recruiters can see that you are ambitious and getting promotions.
- Tell your company in a unique way that you appreciate the job you have.
Mistakes people make when they add a new promotion to their LinkedIn profile
There are some mistakes people make while adding a new promotion on LinkedIn.
- Not having an attractive profile picture: The profile picture you use will work as a calling card on this site. The biggest mistake people make is when they do not take this part seriously. The profile image should be of high-quality always.
- An interesting headline: You have to make sure that a job title alone will not help you on LinkedIn, you need to create an interesting headline. You have to let people know that you can be very helpful to them.
- Write a good summary: This is very important when you are adding a promotion to LinkedIn. People would want to know about you, thus you have to be careful about what you write in the summary. You have to mix sales copy, story-telling, and elevator speech in the summary and then finish it with a call to action sentence.
- Add multimedia: Your work experience and summary these two things will make the promotion good, but when you add multimedia content, it will become the best. You can add a SlideShare presentation, a video, your portfolio, a website, and so on. Make it more interesting to look at.
LinkedIn promotion examples
You can make a brief message to announce your promotion on LinkedIn, so people can also get notified via your LinkedIn post:
Here is our favorite LinkedIn promotion example that you can customize to your own LinkedIn promotion post:
I’m excited to announce that I have been promoted to the *position* this *month or season you will be joining* ít company X. I will be working with the *team/branch of company* and am excited to learn and grow in this new role.
I’d like to thank * to people * for their support * in your previous role* I couldn’t be more excited to start this next chapter in my career.
Frequently Asked Questions – How to add job promotion on LinkedIn?
Here are some frequently asked questions related to entering a job promotion on LinkedIn.
How to show a promotion on LinkedIn?
If you want to notify your LinkedIn network about a job promotion you have just received, you have to turn on the option “Notify network” when you update your LinkedIn profile with the job promotion.
How to add a promotion within the same company on LinkedIn
To add a job promotion within the same company on LinkedIn, you have to update the Job on your LinkedIn profile with the new job position details.
How to make sure your LinkedIn network gets a LinkedIn job promotion notification?
If you want to make sure you LinkedIn connections get notified in the LinkedIn feed about your job promotion toggle the ‘Notify network’ option to on when you update your LinkedIn profile with the job promotion.