Do you want to know how to change the background photo on your LinkedIn profile? Are you looking for step-by-step instructions? If yes, you are in the right place.
We will cover how to add or change background photos on LinkedIn profiles. We will also cover other possible aspects related to the Linkedin profile banner (size, specs and best practices.)
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to change background image on LinkedIn, check out this tutorial:
How To Add or Change Background Photo on LinkedIn Profile?
You will find the process super easy. You will have to follow a few simple steps. Your background photo will appear in the introduction section behind your profile photo. Here are step-by-step instructions to add your background photo.
- First, you will have to click the Me icon that you will find at the top of the homepage of your profile.
- Next, you will have to click View Profile. After clicking it, you can check the upper right corner. You will find a camera icon.
- Click that Camera icon and then click Upload Photo. You will have to select an image from your device. After choosing a picture, you need to click Open.
- Finally, click Apply.
By following these simple steps, you can change the background photo on your LinkedIn profile. Once you choose the image, you might need to crop it to get the best fit.
LinkedIn Profile Background Photo Suggested Size and Specs
While selecting images for your background photo, you will have to consider the following factors.
- You will need a PNG or JGP file
- It needs to be 8MB or less
- The recommended pixel is 1584 (w) x 396 (h)
After uploading the photo, it might appear blurry. In that condition, you can select a large file size. However, if you find it blurry after changing the size, you can use ImageOptim for Mac and Trimage for Windows. You can use these compression tools before uploading your photo.
Tips for a Great LinkedIn Profile Background Photo
Whenever you want, you can change the background photo on your LinkedIn profile. Your image will create the first impression. Hence, you will have to ensure that you have the best picture to grab more attention. It should reflect your personality and professionalism.
You might be thinking about how a photo will reflect your professionalism. You can use a tool of your trade. For example, if I am a photographer, I will show my camera or some beautiful scenarios that prove my photography skills.
You will have to consider your profession while selecting any background photo. If you have a company, you can also use its name. The same is about accomplishments and awards. A simple image can say a lot about your profession.
You can use texts and quotes as well. In brief, you can use whatever you find inspiring. You understand your profession and passion better. If you have any doubt, you can visit the profiles of some leading names of your industry. You can get inspiration from there.
You do not need to follow your competitors. But you can get better ideas from their profiles. Also, you can use some variations to make your image more appealing and professional. Your photo can make you stand out in the crowd. You will have to achieve this to create your space in your industry.
Can’t Change LinkedIn Profile Banner
If you cannot change your LinkedIn profile banner, first, you will have to check the image. Make sure that you have chosen the correct size image. If your image does not meet the required specifications, you cannot change the background photo on your LinkedIn profile.
However, if you feel that the dimension, size, and orientation are correct, you can consider trying the following.
- Save the selected image as a PNG file first, and then you can try uploading.
- You can clear all the browser cookies. You can also sign out and then sign in again. This simple step can fix uploading issues. After signing in again, you can upload your image.
- If any browser update is due, you can do it. You will have to use the latest version to avoid complexities.
- If none of these prove helpful, you can use a different browser and sign in. It might fix the uploading issues.
- You can disable the pop-up blocker settings of your browser.
You can try the above ways to fix the issue and change the background photo on your LinkedIn profile. Always use the correct size and dimension to avoid any complications.