TikTok has tremendously become one of the most popular social media platforms. However, viral accounts sometimes can be annoying or you can also experience online harassment. Fortunately, TikTok allows you to block those accounts. That brings us to the question of How to block someone on TikTok?
In this TikTok beginner tutorial, we will show you the step by step of blocking someone on TikTok. We also include a video tutorial on how to block someone on TikTok.
How To Block Someone On TikTok?
Here is how to block someone on TikTok:
- First Launch the TikTok app
- Go to search bar. You will find a magnifying glass icon.
- Tap Discover, and it will take you to the explore page to search for the users.
- You can then search for the person you intend to block. Tap me from the search bar. You then type the username from the search button.
- Tap on the user’s option and identify the user you intend to block. Tap on the person’s username, and you will open their profile.
- Tap on the Three Dots option. You will find the three-dots icon from the top-right corner, which is horizontal. Tap once on this option.
- Choose Block option
- Click to confirm that you want to block this TikTok account.
If you prefer a video tutorial on how to block someone on TikTok, check this out:
What will happen once you block someone on TikTok?
Like other social media platforms, the blocking feature is also available on TikTok. Typically, once you block, don’t expect Tiktok to notify you. The user will not even be able to contact you on the app.
A blocked TikTok user cannot even comment on your posts, send you a message or even view your profile. On the other hand, you will not see their likes and comment either.
Why should you opt to block someone on TikTok?
The TikTok block function which is a vital tool. Equally, choosing to block someone goes with a reason. One of the reasons is that you will do away with random commenters.
Furthermore, they can be the people you don’t like. You can hide it from certain accounts if you opt to keep your posts public. Blocking someone on TikTok enables you to have freedom in posting and commenting on videos.
How to bulk block users on TikTok?
Here is how to bulk block users on TikTok
- First open the TikTok app
- Tap on the comment icons. You will find the icons on the right side of the video screen. Besides, it enables you to identify the video to bulk block on the users.
- Tap on the edit icon. The icons are found on the left-hand side. From there, mark the users’ comments regarding the multiple users you intend to block.
- Select Block accounts: A pop-up message will appear from the menu. Once you see it, choose Block Accounts.