In this Facebook ads tutorial will explain to you all the ins and outs of Facebook post boosting, how it is different from running a regular Facebook ad campaign and many more.
How To Boost A Post On Facebook?
Here is how to boost a Facebook post:
1) Go To The Post You Want To Boost- This will be a post that has already been published.
2) Click “Boost Post” – You will see this below the share button on the right side of the screen.
3) Choose Your Budget – This is how much you want to spend on your boosted Facebook post. Keep in mind that Facebook only charges you when someone clicks on your ad or engages with it.
4) Customize Your Targeting- This is where you will define your desired audience and their location. For example, let’s say you are promoting a post in the local area. You can choose to target people around your area by selecting “People who live in my city” option.
5) Set Your Date And Time– This is where you will define when and for how long you want this promotion to run. Remember that whatever date and time you set will determine how much you pay. The Facebook post boost will not start immediately after you submit your changes as you have to wait for Facebook for reviewing your boosted post.
6) Review and Submit – This is the last step of the process. After this, Facebook starts running the ad until you don’t stop it.
Boosting a Facebook post vs. running a Facebook ad campaign
There is a difference between boosting a Facebook post and running a Facebook ad campaign.
Boosting a post means that Facebook will promote a specific post on your Facebook page. You have limited campaign setup options, and you cannot create separate ad sets in one campaign.
When you start a Facebook ad campaign in Facebook Ads manager, you have way more options. You can create separate ad sets, and you can also add many ads to one ad set, and you can also better use Custom Audiences and more.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to boost a Facebook post, check out this one:
Tips for a successful Facebook post boost
1) Use Proper Language And Descriptions
A good ad copy will earn you the click so make sure you try to pique the curiosity of your targeted audience.
2) Use Images And Videos
Images and videos are proven to engage your audience more than just text. It captures their attention more effectively which ensures that they read the description of the post/advertisement you are promoting.
3) Try To Gain More Likes On The Page You Are Boosting Posts From
This will give you more authority and popularity, which means more engagement in your posts. This is extremely beneficial for getting people to notice your posts when you choose to boost them because it will raise the chances of them clicking on them.
4) Don’t make them too long
Many people don’t have time to read a long text post or advertisement. Try to be concise and try to get your message across in a couple of sentences.
5) Don’t forget to use hashtags and location tags
Remember that you can customize your targeting and choose the audience that sees this promotion. This will help reach out to people who would really be interested in what you are promoting.
Can’t boost a Facebook post
1) Did not boost a post before
Since boosting a Facebook post is different from running an ad campaign, you will need to create and set up the promotion. This will only happen if you have never boosted a post on your page before. Clicking “Boost Post” for the first time will direct you to the step-by-step guide that we just covered above.
2) Facebook does not allow you to boost your post
You will receive an error message that reads: “Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later” if Facebook is not allowing you to boost your post for some reason. You can take a look at the steps above or contact Facebook for assistance with this issue.
3) You have pending bills.
If you already have pending bills, Facebook will not allow you to boost your posts. If this is the case, you can either wait for your bill(s) to be resolved or you can choose not to boost your post and try again later.
A Facebook post boost can help you get more exposure for your posts and advertisements which leads to a bigger audience and better opportunities. These tips will make it easier for you to run a successful campaign on the social media website.