Do you want to change your YouTube channel name? Fortunately, there is no restriction on this, as you can change the name of the YouTube channel, any time you want.
In this YouTube tutorial, we are going to show you how to change the name of your YouTube channel and anything else that is related to this.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to change the YouTube channel name, check out this video tutorial:
How to change YouTube channel name?
Here is how to change your YouTube channel name:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio
- Click ‘Customization’ from the left sidebar
- Click on the ‘Basic Info’ tab.
- Under the ‘Channel name and description’ click on the pencil icon.
- Edit the YouTube channel name.
- Click on the ‘Publish’ button.
If you refresh your YouTube channel page, it should now display the new YouTube channel name.
Can’t change YouTube channel name
If you can’t change the YouTube channel name, here are the most common issues you should check:
- make sure to save the YouTube channel name change by clicking on the Publish button
- You should be a YouTube channel owner or YouTube channel Manager to be able to change the YouTube channel
If you have a lower-level YouTube channel access, you won’t be able to change the YouTube channel name.
Why you should change name of the YouTube channel?
Before we would wrap up, some food for thought on when you should change the name of YouTube channel:
If you are doing a company/YouTube channel rebrand
If the company or your YouTube channel wants to do a full rebrand, you also have to change the YouTube channel so it is obvious for the subscribers
If you want to get more YouTube SEO traffic
Although the name of the channel is not a direct YouTube SEO ranking factor, an SEO optimized YouTube channel is more likely to get clicks as a general YouTube channel name
You want to change the niche of your YouTube channel
You used to make gameplay videos but if you want to switch to a vlog style channel then it might be a good idea to change the YouTube channel name, especially if the YouTube channel name had ‘gameplay’ in it.
Although YouTube doesn’t have any restriction on how many times you can modify your YouTube channel name, it is generally a bad practice to change it too many times.
Once you build up a huge YouTube brand and a subscriber base, people will start searching for your YouTube channel name, so changing your YouTube channel name too many times, makes it more difficult for them to find the channel.
If you want to know how to come up with good YouTube channel names, check out this tutorial:
- How to come up with YouTube channel names (Tobepublished)
- YouTube Channel Name Ideas (Tobepublished)
- YouTube Channel Name Generators (Tobepublished)
Other ways to customize your YouTube channel
If you want to customize your YouTube channel even more, here are some things you can do:
- Customize YouTube channel URL
- Change YouTube channel profile picture
- add a YouTube channel description
If you want to learn more about how you can customize your YouTube channel, read any of the linked tutorials.