Suppose your resume or CV is out-of-date yet your LinkedIn account information is current. Or, you only can send files that provide information about your experience without stating information on your LinkedIn account.
These two common problematic situations can be avoided if you know how to download your LinkedIn profile as a PDF. In this LinkedIn beginner tutorial, we are going to show you how to do it step by step.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to download your LinkedIn profile, check out this tutorial:
Can you export your LinkedIn profile?
The good news is – LinkedIn has provided you with the option to export or download your profile easily. In fact, the options to export connections, attachments, LinkedIn chat, and other such vital information have been provided as well.
Before I inform you how to download your profile as a PDF, let’s see how you can export connections from LinkedIn as you might need to perform this task also:
- Go to your LinkedIn homepage and click on the “Me” icon present at the top of the homepage.
- A dropbox will appear from where you have to choose “Settings & Privacy”.
- Select “Data Privacy” and you will see “How LinkedIn uses your data”.
- You have to select “Change” and then “Get a copy of your data”.
- Click on “Connections” and then “Request archive”.
- You will have to input your password and then select “Done”.
On your primary email address, you will receive an email that will contain a link from where you can download the list of connections you wanted.
How To Download your LinkedIn profile as a PDF?
LinkedIn can optimize your professional networking opportunities as it allows your profile to be downloaded as a PDF. You can either print a copy or save it to your computer. It is very easy to do this; let’s see how it can be done:
- Go to your LinkedIn homepage and select the “Me” icon appearing at the top of the homepage.
- You have to then select the “View Profile” option. If you want to download another LinkedIn member’s profile as a PDF file, then navigate to their profile and select “View Profile” button.
- In the introduction section you will come across the “More” option and you have click on it next.
- You will be shown a dropbox from where you have select the “Save to PDF” option (2nd on the list). The profile or resume will appear as a file download (PDF) in the internet browser’s window at the bottom. You have to click on it to open the PDF file.
- The profile will appear on your computer/laptop in a new tab which you can save or print as per your requirements.
If you have a Premium subscription (LinkedIn Resume Builder) then you can select the sections that will be included in saved versions of your LinkedIn profile. Only English language characters will be displayed in a PDF. Each month you are allowed to 200 PDF downloads of other members. You can download your profile as much as you want.
How To Download your LinkedIn profile? (on a mobile)
Here is how to download your LinkedIn profile as a PDF on your smartphone:
- Open LinkedIn in your mobile browser. You can use the app as well.
- Choose the profile you want to download.
- Click on the “More” option on the profile’s homepage.
- You will be provided by a dropbox from where you have to select “Save to PDF”.
- You can see the downloaded PDF file in your browser. Click on the “More” option to select what you want to do with it.
Can’t download LinkedIn profile
Hopefully, you will not face any problems while downloading your LinkedIn profile as a PDF if you consider the steps I mentioned above.
According to many users’ experiences, you might see PDF downloads stop working on public profiles. This can happen when LinkedIn breaks PDF downloads, it mostly break for a few days at a time.
Clearing your browser cache and re-opening the LinkedIn profile to download it is one of the easiest ways to deal with this problem. If you are still having problems, you can contact LinkedIn to get the needed help. LinkedIn is known for providing the required help effectively and quickly.
Summary – Download your Linkedin profile
There you have it; now you know how to download your LinkedIn profile as a PDF with these easy-to-follow steps mentioned above.
I have also provided other related information that will help you to become a pro in exporting different documents/information from LinkedIn. Use the information provided here to handle your career advancements better.