If you want to automate your Facebook marketing you will need to know what Facebook System Users are. System Users are either servers or software that make API calls to assets owned or managed by your Facebook Business Manager.
In this short tutorial, we are going to explain more deeply what Facebook System users and what you can use them for. We are also going to show you how to add System Users to your Facebook Business Manager and share some further reading if you want to dive deeper into this topic.
What are Facebook System Users?
System Users are either servers or software that make API calls to assets owned or managed by your Facebook Business Manager.
So if you want to create a software or app that leverages Facebook API to make automated action with Facebook ads campaigns then you would need to set up Facebook System users for that reason.
Type of Facebook System Users
Currently, there are two types of Facebook System Users.
- Admin System User: this System User will be able to create System Users, add ad accounts, page, assign permissions to regular System Users
- Regular System Users: the Regular System Users will be able to use all the assets that the Admin System User has assigned to them.
You can find the System Users in your Facebook Business Manager. You can see if you have already added System Users in the Facebook Business Settings page under the Users section.
How to add System Users to Business Manager?
- Open up the Facebook Business Manager account where you want to create a new System User
- Click on the hamburger menu then select ‘Business Settings’
- Select System Users under the User section on the left column.
- You will see the list of Facebook System Users if you have already added some.
- To add a new Facebook System Users click on ‘Add’ button.
- Here you have to add a name then select if you want to add an Employee or an Admin System User.
- Then click on ‘Create System User’.
This is how you can create a new Facebook System User in Business Manager.
You can also check out this video tutorial on how to add system users to Facebook Business Manager:
Learn more about how system users work
If you want to learn more about how System Users work, I highly recommend checking out this developer resource from Facebook: