TikTok is an emerging social media platform that is quite exciting to use and offers a chance for people to post their favorite videos. If you are wondering how to get verified on TikTok, this TikTok marketing tutorial will give some practical tips.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to get verified on TikTok, check out this video tutorial:
How to Get Verified on TikTok?
There are so many advantages of having a verified TikTok account. First, it helps you establish a reputable brand and positively impact your career if you are a business owner, musician, writer, or actor. You can follow the following practical tips to get verified on TikTok.
1. Be Consistent in Producing High-Quality Content
The TikTok platform is very competitive, and if you want to stand from the crowd, it is important to ensure you produce high-quality and engaging content. It is easy to attract more followers if you have unique content to offer.
It is important to note that music plays a crucial role in making your videos popular on this platform. Thus you should ensure that you can keep up with the recent artists or songs that are trending. Some of the ways to ensure that you produce engaging videos include:
- Use high-quality gear
- Ensure the quality of the video is premium
- User tools such as Boosted app to ensure that your videos are professional and outstanding.
- Ensure you use popular music in your videos
2. Ensure the media recognizes your content
Ensure that you are doing something distinctive that can get you media coverage. It is important to give them a good reason to be interested in featuring you. If you are featured in magazines or newspapers, it will help you in getting verification and the nice blue checkmark on TikTok.
Another way to ensure that your videos are trending is to post them on various social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. You can also ask your followers to share your videos widely.
3. Ensure that you are Verified on other Social Media Accounts
Other social media accounts such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter allow you to apply for verification. However, to get verified on these platforms, your account must be professional or represent a brand.
Having the blue tick on other social media platforms increases your chances of getting verified on TikTok. In such a scenario, TikTok will more easily believe you are very influential on the internet and you will have a higher chance of getting your TikTok account verified.
4. Ensure you comply with TikTok Rules
Remember that TikTok will only verify accounts that adhere to the terms of service of TikTok and related guidelines.
If you don’t follow the rules, the moderators will flag your account, which will negatively hurt any chance of getting verified.
Requirements for getting verified on TikTok
There are various factors considered before giving a TikTok user verification. Some of the most notable characteristics include
- the TikTok account has to be authentic,
- the user should be also fairly active on the platform
- the TikTok account has to be unique.
- Also, the account must adhere to the terms of service and community guidelines.
TikTok will most likely verify accounts with high engagement and activity. Ensuring that your videos go viral is the best way to help you get the blue checkmark.
Tips to increase your chance of getting verified
There are some practical tips to increase your chances of getting verified on TikTok. But is important to ensure that you strictly adhere to the laid down rules and regulations on TikTok to ensure you are verified.
- Produce high-quality content: ensure that your account has an influx of outstanding ideas to increase engagement.
- Be consistent with your growth. Your account should have continuous growth of its followers. Remember that engagement and session times are also imperative for your account.
- Interact with other users to increase engagement on your account. It is important to interact with other users by coming up with challenges or duets.
Can’t get verified on TikTok
It is important to note that there are no specific thresholds to get verified on TikTok. Some accounts have thousands of followers but have not been granted the checkmark.
If you didn’t get verified on TikTok, the most likely reasons that you haven’t appeared in a media outlet. Make sure to try to appear in traditional media (online or news sites, traditional magazines, TV, radio, etc.)
A verified badge on TikTok creates authenticity for your account. The badge adds trustworthiness to your account and will give you a chance to build trust with high-profile accounts and your followers.