All popular social media platforms have the likes feature, here you can give a like to the comments, videos, and images. Giving like means you find it interesting.
Furthermore, when you give a like to a post-it means that you are interested in such topics and you would want to see relevant posts on your timeline.
On Twitter, the tweets you have liked will be displayed in a separate section. However, if you do not want to display the things you have liked, you can hide that. In this Twitter beginner tutorial, I am going to show you how to hide likes on Twitter.
Can you hide likes on Twitter?
There is no direct way you can hide the likes on Twitter, but there are some tricks you can try.
The first thing you can do is to make your Twitter account private. This way your posts will not be displayed publicly, or they will not be able to give like. If you protect your tweets Google will not get access to them, and no one can find you using the search engine. Only your followers can see your posts if you have approved them.
Furthermore, your followers will not be able to comment on your posts or retweet them if you have revoked the option.
Lastly, try to avoid the hashtags, as they will not make any difference to the tweets. Your tweets will be visible to your followers only, and they will get to see them without the hashtag. If these do not work properly for you, there is no direct answer to your question How to hide likes on Twitter?
How to hide likes on Twitter by making your profile private?
You cannot hide the likes directly but you can try some other methods to achieve some of them. At first, you can make your Twitter account private. Let’s follow the How to hide likes on Twitter? Steps below.
- Open the Twitter app on your phone and log in to the account if you haven’t already
- Next tap on your profile picture and the sidebar menu will open.
- From there go to the Setting and Privacy tab and click on the Privacy and Safety section.
- You will get a list, click on the Audience and Tagging option under the Twitter activity section.
- You will see the Protect your Tweets tab and toggle the button. Normally, it stays turned off but you have to enable it and your work is complete.
However, if you feel that making the account private will lessen your reach to others, you can keep the toggle disabled.
How to hide likes on Twitter by unliking Tweets?
If you have decided to know How to hide likes on Twitter? You can do this step manually or take help from an extension. Manually you need to remove the likes one by one. You need to open your likes section and keep unchecking the likes manually.
It will take time, but if you want to do so, you can follow this process. However, Twitter will not show you all the tweets you have liked. For example, if you have more than 3000 tweets, Twitter will show you the ones that you have liked. For this, you can try other methods such as using the Google Chrome console.
This platform is good for removing a large number of likes on the tweets. Also, this is a quicker method to follow and it has the same limitation for the tweets you want to remove the likes. Here you can access only 3200 tweets that you have liked previously.
- To do this, at first you need to log in to your Twitter account from Google Chrome.
- Next, find the Likes section and open the page.
- Now, you have to press F12 on your keypad to open the Google Chrome Console.
- You have to copy the “$” sign and paste the same into the console after eliminating the question mark.
- Click on the Enter’ tab and the script will start to work, and you will see the number of tweets you have unfavorited.
- If there are tweets left you haven’t removed the like, you have to repeat the same process. Also, try using third-party apps to unfavorite the tweets.
Can’t hide my likes on Twitter
If you are unable to hide your likes on Twitter, you must know that there are no direct ways for it. You can either manually remove the likes from the tweets, or you can take help from Google Chrome. You can also unfollow some people or delete your account to get rid of those likes.