Going through your LinkedIn search history is a hilarious, or sometimes depressing way to see how much your career and social life level has changed over time. You probably tried searching for people on LinkedIn at some point in your life. In this article, you will learn everything about LinkedIn search history.
If you prefer a video tutorial on how to view and leverage your LinkedIn search history, check out this video tutorial:
If you want to know more about how people and companies find you on LinkedIn search then check out this separate guide on that:
How To View Your LinkedIn Search History?
If you’re worried about being seen as an imposter or if you want to see what you’ve been searching for, LinkedIn gives you the option to view your LinkedIn search history.
Here is how to view LinkedIn Search History:
- Go to LinkedIn.com and sign in.
- Click on the “Me” button at the top of your screen.
- Under “Account”, click on “Privacy & Settings”.
- Click on “Search History” under the Privacy & Settings section. You will be presented with a list of searches you have conducted in order from most recent to least recent (you can also sort by relevance or time frame).
- If you are looking for a specific search, click on the date of the search, and it will bring up all of your searches for that day. If you want to see ALL of your searches, click on “See All.”
- Once you have found the search you want to delete, click on “Remove” and then “Remove from Profile.”
- Click “Update Privacy Settings,” and you are done!
You can also remove specific search criteria if you do not want them showing up on your searches.
For example, You have a search for “all available housing” that you created for your second move. It is no longer relevant, so I deleted the “select from these options” box.
How To Delete LinkedIn Search History From The Search Bar?
I’ve been using LinkedIn for a few years now, and it’s been pretty useful. However, recently I’ve noticed that my LinkedIn search history has been popping up in the search bar every time.
Here is a guide to show you how to delete your LinkedIn search history from the search bar.
- Go to LinkedIn.com and log in with your username and password.
- Go to the search bar at the top of the page and click on “Settings” under it.
- Click on “Manage Searches.”
- You’ll see a list of all of your searches here. To delete them, click on the trashcan icon next to each you want to remove. After that, you can either click “Update Search History” or close the window.
- You’re done! You can now see that your search history has been cleared.
How To Delete LinkedIn Search History through your Settings & Privacy page?
LinkedIn allows you to delete your History through your Settings & Privacy page.
Here is how to delete LinkedIn Search History:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of your page and select Settings & Privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Search History option and click on Edit next to it.
- In the pop-up window, click on Delete all search history to remove all records of your searches in one go. Alternatively, you can choose specific items by clicking on the Delete search history of this item and selecting the items you want to remove.
- Click on Delete search history.
Can’t delete LinkedIn Search History
So, you’re having trouble deleting your LinkedIn search history? Well, these tips will help you troubleshoot the issue:
- If you don’t have an active LinkedIn account, then you won’t have a search history on your profile. In this case, you can remove the search history on your device, but it will still be visible on linked devices or the web.
- If you still can’t remove your LinkedIn search history, it could be due to a recent update. LinkedIn recently made some changes to its privacy settings which can prevent the removal of LinkedIn search history if the setting is set to “Public.”
- If there’s still no change to removing your search history after following the steps above, then you can send a message to LinkedIn’s support team.
How to Disable or Turn Off LinkedIn Search History?
Disabling your LinkedIn search history will not delete your searches but will prevent other users from seeing them. This is a good option if you want to hide your LinkedIn search history but still use LinkedIn’s search feature. You can turn off or disable your LinkedIn search history by following these steps:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- On the top right of your screen, click on the Settings button.
- Click on Privacy & Settings in the drop-down menu.
- Under Privacy Controls, select Manage Your Searches.
- Under the “Manage Your Searches” section, uncheck the box next to “Keep search history for this session. ” This will disable your search history for that session only. To make it permanent, check the box next to “Keep search history for this session and all future sessions. “
Frequently Asked Questions – LinkedIn Search History
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions related to LinkedIn search history:
What is LinkedIn search history, and why is it useful to view it?
LinkedIn search history is a record of all the searches you have conducted on LinkedIn, including people, companies, and job postings. Viewing your search history can be a helpful way to see how your career and social life have evolved over time. It can also give you insights into the types of searches you conduct, which can help you refine your job search or networking efforts.
How can I view my LinkedIn search history?
To view your LinkedIn search history, first sign in to your LinkedIn account. Then, click on the “Me” button at the top of your screen, followed by “Privacy & Settings.” Under the Privacy & Settings section, click on “Search History,” and you will see a list of searches you have conducted from most recent to least recent. You can click on a specific date to see all searches conducted on that day.
How do I delete my LinkedIn search history from the search bar?
To delete your LinkedIn search history from the search bar, go to LinkedIn.com and log in to your account. Click on “Settings” under the search bar, then click on “Manage Searches.” You will see a list of all your searches. Click on the trashcan icon next to each search you want to remove, and then click “Update Search History” or close the window to complete the process.
How can I delete my LinkedIn search history through my Settings & Privacy page?
To delete your LinkedIn search history through your Settings & Privacy page, log in to your LinkedIn account, click on the gear icon at the top right corner of your page, and select “Settings & Privacy” from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to the Search History option and click on “Edit” n