If you want a Facebook group post to always show up at the top position of the Facebook group feed, the best thing you can do is to pin a post on a Facebook group.
But how you can pin a post in a Facebook group? That is what we are going to show you step by step in this Facebook group tutorial.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to pin a post on a Facebook group, check out this one:
Can you pin a post on a Facebook Group?
Yes, you can pin a post in a Facebook group, if you are the admin or moderator of the Facebook group and you have made the Facebook group post an announcement first.
By the way, if you are interested in general Facebook post pinning (outside of Facebook groups, check out this tutorial: How to pin a post on Facebook?
Let’s see how to do this step by step.
How to pin a post on a Facebook group?
Here is how to pin a post in a Facebook group:
- Go to the Facebook group post that you want to pin to the top of the Facebook group.
- On the top right corner, click on the three dots.
- Here you can mark the FB group post as an announcement. Click on it.
- Refresh your page. If you click on the three dots again, you will see the option to ‘Pin to top’.
- Click on this option and now your Facebook group post will be pinned to the top.
Now, once someone opens your Facebook group and starts browsing its group feed, he or she will see this pinned Facebook group post as the first post in the Facebook group feed.
How to unpin a Facebook Group post?
If you no longer want to pin a particular Facebook group post to the top, you can unpin it every time you want. Here is how to unpin a Facebook group post:
- Go to the pinned Facebook group post.
- Click on the three dots.
- Here you will see the option to Unpin the Facebook post.
- Click on ‘Unpin from top’
Your Facebook group post has been unpinned from the top.
Why Can’t I pin a Facebook post in the Facebook group?
If you are having trouble pinning a post to the top of the Facebook group feed, here are some of the most common reasons why you might not be able to pin a post in the Facebook group:
- You have to be either a Facebook group admin or a moderator at least to be able to pin a post to the top of the Facebook group. Regular members won’t be able to pin a Facebook group post to the top of the feed.
- You have to make sure that the Facebook group is first marked as an announcement before you would be able to pin the post to the top.
Frequently Asked Questions – How to pin a post in a Facebook group
No option to pin a post in a Facebook group, why?
The most likely reason is that you are not the admin or the moderator of the Facebook group. Regular Facebook group members can’t pin posts in Facebook group. They can only pin posts on their personal Facebook profile or Facebook page.
What does it mean to pin a group on Facebook?
It has nothing to do with pinning Facebook group post. When you pin a Facebook group, it will show up on the Facebook left sidebar, so you can easily access it without searching for it or looking it up in the Facebook group pages.
How to pin a post on Facebook group on iPhone or other mobile phones?
To pin a post in a Facebook group on an iPhone or Android phone:
- Open the Facebook group in Facebook mobile app.
- Tap the three horizontal line icon button in the bottom right
- Select ‘Your groups’ option
- Tap ‘See All'” underneath ‘Groups You Manage’ and then select the group where you want to pin a post.
- Create your Facebook group post.
- Tap the three dots of the post you want to pin, and then select ‘Mark as announcement.’
As you can see, the process of pinning Facebook group posts is the same, only the user interface is a little bit different.
Why should you pin a post in a Facebook group?
It is a good question to ask if it makes sense to pin a post in a Facebook group.
If you are using the Facebook group for business purposes then you should definitely use the Facebook group so you can always make sure that new members see the main offer or information you want to share with every member of the Facebook group.