LinkedIn has provided the option to recommend someone on LinkedIn. You can also receive recommendations from the people who you worked within the past. Giving and receiving recommendations have a lot of advantages; thus, the proper steps to do it accurately have been mentioned next for your better understanding.
How To Recommend Someone on LinkedIn?
You should know that you are only allowed to provide your recommendation for your 1st-degree connections. So, let’s learn to do this effectively:
Recommend someone via a desktop/laptop:
- Go to the profile of the 1st-degree connection for whom you would like to write the recommendation.
- In the introduction section you have to first click on the “More” option.
- Click on the “Recommend” option next. You will see a pop-up window.
- On this window you have to fill out the “Position at the time” and “Relationship” fields and then click on “Next”.
- To complete the procedure, in the message field write your recommendation and then click on “Send”.
Here I would like to mention that you can receive requests from LinkedIn members to provide your recommendation for them as well. In his case, the process to recommend is a bit different.
Responding to a request via a desktop/laptop:
- You have to start by clicking the “Messaging” option present on the LinkedIn homepage at the top.
- On the left side of the messaging page, you have to select “Write [member name] a recommendation”.
- You will be provided with a link in the message on which you have to write the recommendation.
- You have to click on the “Write recommendation” from the Recommendation requests pop-up window.
- If you are not interested then simply click on the “Ignore” option.
You also have the option to recommend someone on LinkedIn via your smartphone as well.
How To Hide Your LinkedIn Recommendations?
If you have a LinkedIn profile, then you will receive recommendations as well. I understand that you may not want to display all recommendations that you received. Hence, now we will discuss how to hide your recommendation on this platform:
- Go to the top part of your LinkedIn profile and you will see the “Me” option. First click on that and then select the “View Profile” option.
- Go to the recommendation section and then tap on the “Edit” button present on the right-hand side.
- You can locate the recommendation you want to hide or unhide on the “Received” section of the recommendation page.
- Select the toggle to “On” and “Off” as per your requirement.
You are also provided the option to hide or unhide recommendations that you have given to some other member.
How To Delete LinkedIn recommendations You have given?
Many times I found myself in a situation where I recommend someone on LinkedIn but later on had to delete it. If you also need to do the same, then read on to find out how to do it:
You have to go to the top of your LinkedIn homepage and select the “Me” button.
- You have to select the “View Profile” next.
- You have to scroll down a bit to find the recommendations section. Click on the “Edit” button on this section present in the upper right corner.
- You will get a pop-up window. At the top of this window you will see the “Given [number]” button which you have to click on next.
- You will locate the recommendation you want to remove and then select the “Delete” tab.
- In this manage recommendations pop-up window you will then be asked the question – “Are you sure you want to delete this recommendation?”. Select “OK”.
- Click on “Save” to end the process successfully.
You should know that the member will not be notified that you have deleted the recommendation you wrote about them.
Can’t add a LinkedIn Recommendation
You can only write recommendations for your 1st-degree connections. Thus, if you are unable to add recommendation, then the reason might be because they are not under your 1st-degree connections list.
You can easily solve this problem by adding the member for whom you want to write the recommendation in your connection/network. After this you have to follow the steps I mentioned here to write your recommendation for him/her.
If you are still facing problems, then you have to option to contact LinkedIn to get the needed assistance.
There you have it; now you know the steps to recommend someone on LinkedIn. I have also provided other related information as well to ensure you do not face any problems next time you are dealing with recommendations. Use the information provided here to do things accurately and effectively.