LinkedIn is indeed the most prominent global online professional network. LinkedIn can help you locate the ideal job or internship, build and develop work connections, and master new skills you need to advance in your career.
How To Remove Connection on LinkedIn?
Talking about Connections, There will always be connections with unanswered questions. Alternatively, some individuals never stop selling and have nothing valuable to offer you. Some people have even started blogging about their personal lives! Isn’t it irritating?
I am sure that no one wants their feed or timeline to be filled with such irritating posts. And by chance, if you come across such connections. You would definitely want to remove them, right?
So, here are step-by-step instructions that you can follow to remove connections on LinkedIn.
- Step 1: To start, go to your profile’s top menu and select “My Network.” It can be found in the top menu.
- Step 2: You’ll be sent to a screen with a list of “Manage my network” and a few alternatives beneath it. In that list, look for “Connections” and click on it. In a new list, you’ll see all of your connections.
- Step 3: Now, all you have to do is locate the person you wish to delete from your “connections” list. Instead of going through and manually finding the individual, you can use the “search” option to view the connection you want to remove.
- Step 4: When you’ve found the person you want to unfollow, move your mouse to the three dots to the right of the “Message” button, where you’ll see a “Remove connection” link. That link should be followed.
- Step 5: After clicking the “Remove connection” option, you’ll see a confirmation window asking whether you’re sure you want to remove the connection in question. If you’re confident you’ve selected the correct name, all you have to do now is click the “Remove” button.
You’ve now successfully eliminated an unwelcome Linkedin connection from your profile. Let’s further discuss what happens when you remove connection on LinkedIn.
What happens when you delete a Linkedin connection?
- Any suggestions or endorsements between you and that individual will be withdrawn after they are removed. If the connection is re-established, it will not be restored.
- Only the LinkedIn member who deletes the connection can re-establish it.
- Last but not least, you will be free from the irritating things or whatever the reason was for removing that connection.
Will LinkedIn notify my connection if I remove them from my LinkedIn network?
No, They will not be notified if you remove a connection. LinkedIn is far too sensitive to inform users that they have been disconnected.
However, if they look for you, they will discover that you are no longer connected. In addition, if you exchange any messages, the recipient’s name will be removed from the message. You’ll still see the notification if it merely says “LinkedIn user.”
I discovered this when I was messaging a new connection a few days ago. I believe they didn’t want to be connected anymore, so they disconnected me, and I couldn’t find their name on the message thread.
Can’t remove LinkedIn connection?
If you are unable to remove your LinkedIn connections from the above steps, then maybe you have any technical glitches. In that case, you can try the following things:
Look for the solution in LinkedIn’s Help Center.
- When using LinkedIn, go to a different device.
- Clear the Cache and Cookies in Your Browser.
- Sign out of your account and then sign back in.
- Switch to a different browser.