When you are still starting with Twitter, having many followers is one of your goals. However, as time passes by, you come to a point when you decide to declutter your list of followers and only leave the right ones.
Fortunately, Twitter already has a feature that allows you to remove your followers without blocking them. Whether you want to get it done by phone or computer, we have provided you the step-by-step process of removing followers on Twitter.
How to Remove Followers on Twitter?
When using your laptop/desktop, just go to the Twitter website and follow this step-by-step process:
- Log into your account by typing your username and password.
- In the left sidebar, click the “Profile” button or the person icon.
- When your profile is already opened, click the “Followers” where you can see your list of followers.
- Afterwhich, locate the name of the follower that you want to remove then click the three dots that are found on the right side of the username.
- Lastly, click “Remove this Follower” option.
How to Remove Followers on Twitter on IOS/Android Phone?
The feature to remove Twitter followers is not yet available for Android or IOS. Nevertheless, you can still remove the unwanted followers using your mobile by following this step-by-step guide.
- Using your mobile phone, launch a web browser and go to www.twitter.com and log into your account using your username and password.
- Next, tap the “Profile” icon on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the “Follower” button and find the follower that you wish you remove.
- If you already found your target follower, tap the three dots next to their name which is found on the right side.
- Afterwhich, tap “Remove this Follower” and select “Remove” to confirm. You can also use the same step in blocking the follower by just tapping the “Block” option.
What Happens When you Remove a Twitter Follower?
Prior to the launching of the feature to remove followers on Twitter in September 2021, blocking is the only option you have if you want to remove a follower. By doing so, the blocked user can no longer follow you and can never see your Tweets again.
However, in the new method, you have the freedom to remove your followers without actually blocking them. They might not notice that they are not following you anymore because they will not be notified with the action you made, unless they will attempt to stalk you, but can’t find your account anymore.
Removing your follower does not mean they can’t follow you again because the only way to prevent it is by blocking them or deleting your Twitter account.
Can you Mass Delete Twitter Followers?
If you think that your Twitter account is already loaded with unsure and unwanted followers, but you have no time to get rid of them one by one? Well, there is an option to mass delete followers by using a third-party application.
Have you heard of Circleboom? This management tool enables users and brands to strengthen their Twitter accounts.
It also allows you to find fake accounts, spammers, and inactive accounts, plus it has built-in tools to delete Twitter likes, Tweets, Retweets, Archives and your followers. Just like Twitter itself, Circleboom does not notify the users if you delete them from your followers list. Below is your guide to mass deleting your Twitter followers using the Circleboom.
- Log into the Circleboom Twitter dashboard to authenticate your account. This features Twitter’s OAuth token to access your account and to keep it safe and secured.
- After logging in, tap the “Search” option on the Circleboom menu. Under the “Search” option, select “All My Followers” and the list of your Followers will immediately appear.
- Upon showing the Twitter accounts, just click the “Visit” button to take a look at any account that follows you and right there, you have the option to block and force them to unfollow you. If you want to search for specific Twitter followers, use the search bar and choose the filtered result by using the filtered search.
Aside from the Circleboom, there are also other third-party options to delete Twitter followers. However, take note that some will likely charge a fee for the services, especially in lessening your time in removing these followers.
Can’t Remove Twitter Followers
If you have already tried all the options above and you can’t still be able to remove followers, the best way to troubleshoot the problem is to contact Twitter directly through the Twitter Help Center.
In the “Contact Us” Section, you will find several topics that best describes your issue and concern wherein you will find a form to fill out with specific details. Just wait for their response and hope that they give you the solution to your problem.