Twitter is a social media platform that offers a wide variety of content for its users, including some sensitive content that may not be suitable for all audiences.
However, some users may be interested in accessing such content. In this article, we will discuss how to see sensitive content on Twitter and the steps you need to take to enable this feature.
You can also check out this video tutorial on how to see Sensitive content on Twitter.
What is sensitive content on Twitter?
If you want to identify the sensitive content on Twitter, you must understand what the thing is. For some users, the topic of sensitive posts might be fully personalized.
According to the privacy policies of Twitter, adult, and graphic violent content are considered offending posts. This may not be the case for users who want to display nude content or possibly sensitive images on the account.
This is the reason, you will not be able to control these tweets, or the search section. Finally, it’s up to you what you want to see on your timeline.
How to see Sensitive content on Twitter?
Twitter automatically hides sensitive content from its search results. But you can always enable the appearance of those tweets on your timeline as well as on the search pages. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Twitter on a web browser
- Next click on the ‘Settings and Privacy’ tab. From there go to the ‘Privacy and Safety section and click on the ‘Content You See’ tab.
- Now select ‘Search Settings’.
- In this section, you can uncheck the box that states Hide sensitive content.
- You can follow the same action when you are using your mobile app. But this feature isn’t available on iOS.
If you want to remove a sensitive content label from your Twitter timeline, you can do that too. Sometimes Twitter will mark the content you uploaded as sensitive, based on the policies. However, you can stop this by following the below steps.
- Open the Twitter website and go to the ‘More’ option from the side section.
- Next, select the ‘Settings and Privacy’ tab and go to the ‘Privacy and Safety’ section.
- Now click on the ‘Your Tweets’ tab.
- You have to uncheck the box that has been marked as your content containing a sensitive topic.
- You can follow the same on your Android mobile or Tablet. Keep in mind that iOS does not have this feature.
It’s important to note that if you post sensitive content almost regularly, you need to keep that tab enabled. Otherwise, Twitter will permanently disable the tab from your settings.
How to remove the Sensitive content label from your tweets?
There are two ways you can remove sensitive content from your tweets. So, if you are looking for How to turn off Sensitive content on Twitter? Check out the steps below:
- At first, open the Twitter app on your mobile
- Next click on the profile picture at the top left side section of the screen to get the menu.
- Click on the ‘Settings and Privacy’ tab and then hit on the ‘Privacy and Safety’ button.
- Now click on the ‘Content You See’ section.
- You have to enable to toggle bar that is responsible for showing sensitive contents.
- If you are using your desktop to see Twitter activities then, open Twitter.com from your favored browser, and you have to log in with the online account if you haven’t already.
- Next from the sidebar menu hit on the ‘More’ tab.
- You will get the ‘settings and Privacy’ button click on it. After that click on the ‘Privacy and Safety’ tab.
- You have to click on the Content you see section and now disable the sensitive content displaying tab.
- Following these steps, you can disable sensitive content on your Twitter page.
How to hide sensitive content on Twitter?
After you have learned about How to turn off Sensitive content on Twitter? Now you want to hide those contents.
- For this, if you are using your desktop to access Twitter then, go to the website and log in to your account.
- Go to the menu section and click on the Settings and Privacy tab.
- From there go to the Privacy and Safety section and click on ‘Content you see’.
- Here you can disable the sensitive content box by unchecking it.
I Can’t see sensitive content on Twitter
You are unable to see the sensitive media on your timeline because the settings have disabled it. You can enable it by going to the sidebar menu and from the Settings and Privacy tab heading to the privacy and Safety section.
Here, click on the Content you see tab and enable the toggle that states ‘Display media that may contain sensitive content. Once you enable this, you will get to see the sensitive posts.
Keep in mind to keep the sensitive content toggle enabled otherwise, Twitter will restrict the posts that contain sensitive media. Also, if you regularly post such content, Twitter will remove that option permanently.