Make your Twitter interactions with other accounts you wish to follow easily by creating Twitter lists. What are Twitter lists, and how can you create them?
In this Twitter tutorial, we will provide all details you need to know about Twitter lists, how they work and how to create one.
What are Twitter lists?
Everyone has their favorite Twitter accounts that they won’t miss viewing or even comment and retweet daily. For such people, creating a Twitter list is a great way to keep up with their favorite profiles.
Twitter list is a feature on Twitter that allows you to create and store your favorite Twitter accounts for easy access. You can create your Twitter lists or follow existing ones.
How does the Twitter list work?
First, you need to figure out the accounts you want to keep up with their tweet updates. Then go to Twitter lists feature and add all these accounts there such that every time you want to check their updates, you will click on the lists feature to access your favorite accounts.
The Twitter lists are like groups of profiles that you follow on Twitter to make your navigation and interactions easier with these groups.
Let us say you follow a government body in your state, and you want to know about the updates on Twitter. Just create a list of their profile, and you will easily access their tweets anytime without necessarily searching for them.
How do you make a list on Twitter?
Here is how to make a Twitter list:
- Log in to your Twitter account and tap on your profile to access the settings.
- Below the profile icon, you will see a box with three lines and a “lists’ title on the side.
- Tap on the lists icon, and you will be directed to a new page.
- You get different list suggestions on this page with the “follow” option on the side. So, browse through the created lists to find the ones you would like to follow.
- Then below the page, you will see a list icon with the + option, which allows you to create your lists.
- Click on the icon
- Enter the name of your lists
- Give a description
- Then you will have the option to either set your lists as private or public. If you click on private, you will be the only person to view the lists and vice versa.
- Once you fill in these details, click the “create’ option at the bottom.
This redirects you to another page with similar lists of the title you have given your lists. Add all the lists you wish to follow to your created list page and click “Done.”
How to search and find lists on Twitter?
Here is how to search and find lists on Twitter:
- Once you sign in to your Twitter account
- Click on profile and choose navigation sign (^)
- From the features that display select lists
- Click on the lists option so you can be redirected to the page
- The page consists of lists recommendations under “discover new lists.”
- Then scroll down the lists to find the ones that you would like to follow
- Then choose the lists that you would like to follow
Why can’t I make a list on Twitter?
Are you starting with numerical letters?
Although you can use numerical characters when creating titles for your lists, you cannot use them at the beginning of the title. So, if you want to use numbers 1 to 9, use them at the end or middle.
You have reached the limit.
There is a limit on the number of Twitter accounts to add to your list. Therefore, if you have reached 1000 accounts, you will be prohibited from adding more. This means you can only add 1000 accounts per day.
How to delete Twitter lists?
- Go to the lists that you have created or are following and click on the one you wish to delete
- You will get the option of “edit list” highlighted in black and click it
- Look below the page for the option” delete list’ written in red
- Confirm the choice by clicking on “delete.”
Creating Twitter lists of your favorite accounts is not that hard if you follow the proper steps. So, follow the above guide to help you create Twitter lists on your account.