If you are managing Instagram accounts, it is a best practice to add the Instagram business accounts to the Facebook Business Manager. As then you can also add the Insta account to Ad Accounts or assign people to the Instagram account.
In this Instagram marketing tutorial, we are going to show you the step by step of adding the Instagram account to the Business Manager and also how you can add people to the Instagram professional account from the Business Manager.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
How to add an Instagram account to Facebook Business Manager?
Here is how to add an Instagram account to a Facebook Business Manager:
- Open the FB Business Manager, you want to add it to.
- Navigate to the Business Settings section
- Click on ‘Accounts’, then select ‘Instagram accounts’
- Click on the ‘Add’ button
- On the popup, click on ‘Connect your Instagram account’
- You need to sign in to your IG account that you want to add
- If you signed in, it will be added to your BM account
- You can also add an ad account to the Instagram account
If you followed along, your Instagram account has been added to the Facebook Business Manager.
Now, you can also add people to the Instagram account in the Business Manager. Let’s see how.
Add people to Instagram Business Account
- Select the Instagram account in the Business Manager.
- Select the ‘People’ tab
- Click on ‘Add people’
- You can assign different permissions to people and partners in your BM.
- Then click on ‘Assign’ button.
If you prefer a video tutorial, here is how you can connect an Instagram account to a Facebook Business Manager:
Can’t add Instagram account to Facebook Business Manager
There are two main reasons why you might not be able to add an Instagram account to the Business Manager
First, if you are not the admin of the Business Manager, you won’t be able to add any business assets to the BM. You can read more about how you can request admin access to a Business Manager.
If you are the admin and still can’t add the Instagram account, then you have to check if the Instagram account is a professional Instagram account. Only Instagram business accounts can be added to the Business Manager. If not, learn here how to switch to an Instagram business account.
Remove Instagram Account from Business Manager
If you no longer need an Instagram business account in your Facebook Business Manager, it is easy to remove it.
- Just navigate to the Business Settings sections in the Business Manager
- Click on ‘Instagram accounts’
- Select the Insta account you want to remove
- On the top right corner click on ‘remove’.
Make sure to unlink the Instagram account from the Facebook page before you would be able to remove the Instagram account from the Business Manager. Otherwise, you might get an error like this: