Listening to podcasts is getting a really popular way of consuming content, so if you have one, it is now a best practice to add the podcast to your Facebook page as well.
In this Facebook page tutorial, we are going to show you how to add a podcast to a Facebook page step by step, and everything else that is related to this topic.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
How to add a Podcast to your Facebook page?
Here is how to add a Podcast to your Facebook page:
- Open the Facebook page.
- Click on ‘Podcasts’ on the left column
- Click ‘Add Podcast’
- Add the RSS feed of your podcast.
- Click on ‘Add’
- Next, you have to authenticate that this is your podcast.
- You will receive an authentication email from Facebook with a code
- Click on ‘Authenticate Podcast’
- Add the code you have received in the email
- You can optionally turn on the ‘Enable clips’ feature that will allow listeners to share short clips of their favorite episodes to Facebook
- Click on ‘Publish’.
Once you have gone through this podcast authentication process, you will see a ‘Published’ status next to the podcast you just added, as well as a list of any other podcasts on your Facebook Page.
How to add a Podcast tab to your Facebook page
Once you have added a podcast to a Facebook page, you should also be able to add the tab to the Facebook page.
Here is how to add a Podcast tab to a Facebook page:
- Open the Facebook page.
- Click on ‘Settings’ on the left column
- Then click on ‘Templates and Tabs’ on the left again.
- Scroll down here and enable the Facebook ‘Podcasts’ tab.
You can also remove the Facebook page tab if you no longer need it later.
Can’t add podcast to your Facebook page
Keep in mind that you have to be a Facebook page admin to be able to add a podcast to a Facebook page.
If you have a lower-level Facebook page role or task access (new Facebook pages), then here are some tutorials that will help you get admin access to the Facebook page:
Secondly, you also have to be the owner of the podcast’s RSS feed to be able to add the podcast to the Facebook page.
Keep in mind that the Podcasts feature is currently available to US listeners on mobile only. Podcasts are not available on desktop for Facebook page users.
Facebook page admins of podcasts added to Facebook can listen to their own podcasts regardless of location.
How to remove a Podcast from your Facebook page?
If the podcast is no longer active or you just don’t want to promote the podcast on Facebook, you can also remove a podcast from a Facebook page.
Here is how to remove the podcast from a Facebook page:
- Open the Facebook page
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the left column
- Select ‘Podcasts’.
- Search for the podcast you want to remove
- Click ‘Remove Podcast’.