If you’re trying to request admin access to a Facebook page, this tutorial will show you how. It can be a little confusing at first, but with our step-by-step instructions, it’s easy!
We will show you two easy ways how to request access to a page:
- request access to a Facebook page via Facebook Business Manager
- find out who is the admin and ask the admin to grant you admin access
If you prefer a video tutorial on how to request admin access to a Facebook page, check out this video:
If you are still using the old Facebook Business Manager, you can also check out this video on how to request admin access to a Facebook business page:
How to request admin access to a Facebook page via Business Manager?
Here is to request admin access to the Facebook page:
- Open the Facebook Business Manager account
- Select ‘Business Settings’ from the menu
- In the Accounts section, you will see ‘Pages’, click on it.
- Click on the blue ‘Add’ dropdown button.
- Select ‘Request Access to a Page’.
- Enter the Facebook Page name or URL. Facebook will recommend pages that match the name or the URL you start typing
- Use the toggle to choose that you need an admin permission for that specific Facebook page
- Click Request Access.
Going through these steps the admins of the Facebook page will get a notification that you have requested access to this Facebook page. All they have to do is approve your request and you will become the admin of this Facebook page
How to ask for admin access to a Facebook page via the page admin?
If you don’t have a Facebook Business Manager yet, you can also ask the Facebook page admin directly to add you as the Facebook page admin.
Here is what she (the Facebook page admin) has to do:
- She has to the Facebook page that she is the admin of. On the left sidebar menu, she has to scroll down and click on “Settings.”
- Here she will see the general Page Settings menu. On the left sidebar menu, she has to click on “Page roles.”
- Here she will see a section to assign a new Page Role. She has to add your name or your email address
- Then she has to set her role as “Admin” by clicking on the dropdown menu of role options.
If she goes through these steps, you will get a notification to accept the admin role for this Facebook page.
Can’t ask for admin access for a Facebook page
Keep in mind that Facebook rolled out new Facebook pages where the admin access has been deprecated.
Now, we have Facebook Access with full control that is pretty much the same as admin access has been.
Related tutorials to Facebook page management
Here are some Facebook page tutorials that might help you understand Facebook page management and the role admins play in them even more: