Facebook page tab feature is a great way to customize your Facebook page. But what if a Facebook page tab is completely unnecessary for your Facebook page? Fortunately, you can customize and remove certain Facebook page tabs that you don’t need.
In this short Facebook page tutorial, we are going to show you how to remove a Facebook page tab, step by step. We are also going to cover why you might not be able to delete a Facebook page tab.
If you prefer a video tutorial on how to remove a Facebook page tab, check out this one:
How to remove a Facebook page tab?
If you want to remove a Facebook page tab, here is how to do it:
- Open the Facebook page where you want to get rid of a Facebook tab
- On the left column, click on ‘Settings’ at the bottom.
- Click on ‘Templates and Tabs’ again in the left column
- Here you will see all the tabs and Facebook sections
- If you want to disable a Facebook page tab, just click on the toggle to change it to off.
That’s it, the Facebook page tab has been removed from your Facebook page.
Here you can see a video tutorial on how to remove Facebook page tabs from your page:
What Facebook page tabs can and cannot be removed
As you can see on the screenshot above, there are some Facebook page tabs where the toggle doesn’t show up. These are Facebook page tabs that you can’t delete from your Facebook page.
List of Facebook tabs that you can remove
- Groups page tab
- Jobs tab
- Events tab
- Review tab
- Offer tab
- Guides tab
- Services tab
- Shop tab
- Menu tab
- Live tab
Here are the FB page tabs that cannot be removed
There are some Facebook page tabs however that you cannot disable or enable based on Facebook’s current functionality. These are the Facebook tabs that you won’t be able to delete from the FB page:
- Photos tab
- Videos tab
- Community tab
- About tab
Besides these Facebook page tabs, you can disable or enable any Facebook page tabs for your Facebook page.
However, what you can at least do is to reorder your FB page tabs, so the unwanted FB page tabs only show up when the users click on your dropdown button.
Can’t delete Facebook page tabs
If you are unable to remove a Facebook page tab, these are the top 2 reasons that you are unable to delete a Facebook page tab.
- you need to be either a Facebook page editor or a Facebook page admin to be able to delete a Facebook page (or add a new one)
- Keep in mind there are some Facebook page tabs that are simply can’t be removed. You can see the list above.
Add back a Facebook page tabs to Facebook
If you changed your mind, you can add a Facebook page tab back to your Facebook page any time you want. All you have to do is change back the toggle to show on.