We will also talk about:
- What Facebook admins can do on a Facebook page?
- How many admins can be on a Facebook page?
- Why can’t I add admin to the Facebook page?
Let’s dive in.
If you prefer a video tutorial on how to add an admin to a Facebook page, check out our tutorial here:
How to add admin to a Facebook page?
Here is the step by step process of adding an admin to a Facebook page:
- Go to the Facebook page you want to add the admin to.
- On the left sidebar menu, scroll down and click on “Settings.”
- On the left sidebar menu, again click on “Page roles.”
- Here you will see a section to assign a new Page Role.
- Add the name or the email of the person whom you would like to add as a Facebook page admin.
- Then set his or her role as “Admin” by clicking on the dropdown menu of role options.
- You will see a notification with something like this: “If you’re adding a new admin to your Page, please keep in mind that they’ll have the same permission as you do to make changes to this Page.”
- You will be also be prompted to re-enter your password so Facebook knows it is really you who is giving the new page role.
- The person will receive a notification and can accept the Facebook business page admin role
What you can do as a Facebook page admin?
This is a list of things that only an admin can do.
- Manage Pages: The admin has control over all the profiles and pages on Facebook, including deleting them or changing their name.
- View Insights for this Page: You’ll be able to view data about how people are interacting with your page without having to
- Send messages as the Page: You can send messages as the Page and post as the Page
- Respond to and delete comments and posts to the Facebook Page: You can respond to and delete posts people have made on your Facebook Page
- Post updates as the page: With this privilege, you’ll be able to post status updates for a Page.
- Designate someone else as an Admin of my Pages: If you don’t want to do it yourself, designate someone with admin privileges or add other administrators
- Remove and ban people from the Facebook Page: If you want to remove someone from your Page, you can simply ban them and they won’t be able to post on your Page
- Create ads, promotions or boosted posts from the Facebook page: You’ll be able to create ads, promotions or boosted posts from the Page
- See who published as the Page
Why Can’t I add an admin to a Facebook page?
There are many reasons why you are not able to add an admin to a Facebook page. Here are some of the common reasons:
- the person must have a Facebook account to be able to be an admin of the FB page
- The person has to like the Facebook page if you want to add him /her as an admin
- The person has to follow the page if you want them to be added as a Facebook Admin, and they have not done this yet.
- You can’t add admins because the Facebook page is unpublished
- You don’t have admin access. Only other administrators can add someone as a Facebook page admin.
- Publish and manage jobs of the FB page
Also, keep in mind that only classic Facebook pages have admin roles. If you have switched into the new Facebook page experience, you can only give someone Facebook access to the page that is similar to this legacy admin role.
So these are the things that you should keep in mind when you want to give an admin access to somebody on your Facebook page
Can you have two admins on a Facebook page?
There is no set limit as far as how many admins you can have on a Facebook page however you don’t necessarily have to add everyone as admins.
There are other Facebook page roles like page moderator or page editor that you can assign to people.
Related articles to the Facebook page administrator role
- Facebook page roles explained
- Facebook page editor role
- Request admin access to a Facebook page
- Remove yourself as an admin from a Facebook page
- Facebook Access for new Facebook pages