If you want to permanently delete a Google AdSense account then it is not enough to close the Google AdSense account, you also have to delete the associated Google Account.
In this Google AdSense tutorial, we are going to show you how to delete a Google AdSense account for good.
Without further ado, let’s dive in.
Removing a Google AdSense account completely
If you want to completely delete a Google AdSense account, first you have to close the Google AdSense account and then delete the Google account as well.
As we have explained in our tutorial about closing Google AdSense accounts, you can recover a closed Google AdSense account any time you want
For this reason, if you want to completely remove a Google AdSense account, you also have to delete the Google Account that is linked to Google AdSense account as well.
This is what we are going to show you in the next section:
How to delete an AdSense Account permanently?
To delete a Google AdSense account:
- Sign in to your Google AdSense account using this link: http://www.google.com/adsense
- Click on ‘Account’ on the left sidebar
- On the Account information page, click on ‘Close account’ at the bottom of the page.
- Select the reason for closing your AdSense account
- Select the checkbox that you understand what happens when you close an AdSense account
- Click on ‘Close Account’.
- Click ‘Confirm’ to confirm one more time to close the AdSense account.
- Once you have closed the Google AdSense account, open this link: https://myaccount.google.com/data-and-privacy
- Make sure you are in the right Google Account
- Scroll to the “Your data & privacy options” section.
- Click on ‘More options’
- Then click on ‘Delete your Google Account’.
- Follow the instructions to delete your Google Account and your Adsense account as well.
Can you recover a deleted Google AdSense account?
We haven’t tested this yet, but most likely no if you have deleted the associated Google Account as well.
Although it is possible to recover a deleted Google Account if it has only been deleted recently, you most likely won’t be able to recover the associated accounts, so the Google AdSense as well.
Can’t delete a Google AdSense account
As we have mentioned above, closing the Google AdSense account won’t delete the Google AdSense account, as you will almost always have the option to reactive the Google AdSense account.
So if you want to delete a Google AdSense account completely, you have to delete the Google Account as well.
Also, you have to have an administrator role in the Google AdSense account if you want to close and delete a Google AdSense account.