If you want to monetize a brand new website, the best way to do it might be via Ezoic display ads.
In this Ezoic tutorial, we are going to explain what requirements you have to meet to be able to successfully apply your site to Ezoic.
We will also share best practices you should follow if you want to make sure you will get accepted to the Ezoic platforms.
Here are the requirements you have to meet to be able to join Ezoic:
- No minimum traffic requirements
- Content written on a supported language
- Complies with Google Publisher Policies
- Content-rich site
To learn more about these requirements, check out the sections below:
Ezoic Minimum Traffic Requirements
Ezoic used to have a minimum 10,000 monthly visits traffic requirement but fortunately for new publishers, they have discontinued this requirement.
So even if you have less than 10k monthly pageviews, you should be able to apply for Ezoic monetization if you have high-quality content and go through the Access Now program.
You only have to take Ezoic’s Essential Course to be able to apply to the Access Now program that will allow you to use their monetization features and services.
Ezoic’s content language requirement
If you want to be able to serve display ads via Ezoic, your content has to be written in any of the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Spanish (European)
- Spanish (Latin American)
Ezoic Content Policy Requirement: Comply with Google’s Publisher Policy
Here is the list of the publisher policy guidelines you have to comply with:
- Your website can’t get any invalid clicks/impressions
- You should not encourage your users to click on the ads
- You can’t offer copyrighted material or illegal downloads of these materials
- You cannot offer counterfeit goods
- The website should receive visits from reliable traffic sources
- The website shouldn’t redirect users to undesirable pages or websites, pop-ups
- You can’t have content about gambling
- You can’t autogenerate thousands of pages programmatically
- You can’t create empty pages with no original content
- You are not allowed to copy content from other websites
- You can’t keywords stuff your content for manipulating search result pages.
- You can’t have adult, dangerous content on your website
- You also can’t have alcohol/tobacco / healthcare-related content on the website
- You can’t use aggressive or threatening language
- You can’t host any illegal content on your website
If you go through the list, you can see that if you have a general blog, with okay content, you shouldn’t have any problems with Google’s Publisher Policy.
Ezoic’s content requirements
Last but not least, if you want to join Ezoic, there is also a requirement related to type of content you should have on your website.
Currently, Ezoic works with information-rich content websites, if you have a corporate or e-commerce website you probably shouldn’t be able to join.
If you meet all the Ezoic criteria – How to join?
If you think you meet all these requirements you can apply to Ezoic monetization features.
Here are the steps you have to go through if you want to apply:
- Create an Ezoic Account by clicking here:
- Once you have created your account, get approved to be an Ezoic publisher
- Integrate your site with Ezoic
- Set up ad placements
To learn about these steps in more detail, check out this tutorial:
- How to apply to Ezoic?