If your Facebook page has been growing rapidly in terms of follower numbers and number of comments and other engagements it might make sense to add a moderator to a Facebook page.
If you don’t know how, no worries we are here for you. In this post, we are going to show you how you can add a moderator to a Facebook page with step by step instructions.
If you have problems with adding a moderator to the Facebook page, we are also going to explain to you what might the reasons that are stopping you from adding a Facebook page moderator to the FB page.
We are also going to show how to remove a Facebook page moderator from the Facebook page if you no longer need that person as a moderator on that specific Facebook page.
Without further ado, let’s go.
How to Add a moderator to a Facebook Page?
So, if you want to add a moderator to the Facebook page, here is all you have to:
- Open up the Facebook page that you want to add the FB page moderator to
- Click on ‘Settings’ on the left column
- Then click on ‘Page roles’
- Here you will see a box, where you can type a name of the person who you would like to add as the Facebook moderator
- In the dropdown menu choose her role as ‘Moderator’
- Click on ‘Add’
- Once you have clicked on ’Add’, you have to reenter your password, so FB can doublecheck that it is really you who are adding a new moderator to the Facebook page
So basically that is how you can add a Facebook page moderator.
If you are little bit uncertain whether you should add the person really as a moderator, then read our guide about Facebook page moderator and what actions he or she is allowed to do on the Facebook page.
Here you can also check out our tutorial on how to add a moderator to the Facebook page:
Facebook page moderator rights
So you can check the Page page moderator explainer blog post, but here are the main tasks a page moderator can do:
- respond to comments as the Facebook page
- delete or hide Facebook comments
- send a message as the Facebook page
- create ads and promotions and boost posts from the FB page, etc.
The main thing that your Facebook moderator won’t able to do compared to a Facebook page editor is to create new Facebook posts or delete older posts.
Difficulties with adding a Facebook page moderator
If you are having trouble adding the person to your Facebook page as a moderator here are some reasons that you should check:
- Are you the administrator of the Facebook Page? Only FB page admins can assign any page role.
- Is the person available on Facebook? Only people who have signed up for Facebook and have an active FB account can be moderators on a Facebook page
- Did you use the right email address? You have to use an email address that the person has added to Facebook, otherwise, Facebook won’t be able to identify that person.
How to remove a Facebook page moderator
If you no longer need a moderator on your Facebook page or the person has left the company/you no longer work with them, here is how you can remove the Facebook page moderator from your Facebook page
- Open up the Facebook page where he or she is the moderator
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Then click on ‘Page roles’ in the left column
- Here you will see all the people that have any kind of access to the Facebook page
- Search for the moderator who you want to remove
- Click on her name. If you want to change her access level, you can upgrade the person to be an editor or an admin or downgrade him or her to a lower-level role. like an advertiser
- Or you can click on the ‘Remove’ link on the bottom left and remove the moderator from the Facebook page completely.
In the latter case, this moderator won’t be able to use any kind of features of the Facebook page anymore, she is completely out of your Facebook page.
Here you can see how to make someone a Facebook page moderator on mobile: