If someone is spamming on your Facebook page or you have other strong reasons to ban someone, you can easily just block them from your Facebook page. There are three ways how you can ban someone as we are going to show you in this article.
At the end of the article, we are going to share some advice on banning people from your Facebook page: when it is a good idea to block people and when you should rather not do it.
How to ban a person from a Facebook page?
There are three ways how to ban someone from a Facebook page:
- you can ban people from the People and Other Pages section
- you can block someone directly from a Facebook post
- and you can also ban someone from the inbox of your Facebook page
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to ban someone from a Facebook page, check out this one:
Block someone from your Facebook page Settings section
Here is how to ban someone from a Facebook page:
- Open up the Facebook page
- Click on the ‘Settings’ in the left column
- Then in the left columns again click on ‘People and Other Pages’
- Here you will everyone who has liked your FB page. Search for the person in the search bar who you want to ban.
- Once you have found the person, click on the gear icon.
- Select ‘Ban From page’
- Click on ‘Confirm’
That’s it. The person has been banned from your Facebook page.
Ban someone from a Facebook post you have posted or your FB page has been mentioned in
If someone commented something that is pure spam or used violent language in a FB comment you can also get rid of the person by doing the following:
- Open the Facebook page
- Click on ‘Posts’ in the admin column of your Page.
- Then click on “Visitor Posts” on the right side of your Page.
- Click the three dots in the top right of the post by the person or Page you want to ban.
- Select the option ‘Ban From Page’
- Finally, click Confirm.
Ban someone from a FB page directly via your Facebook page Inbox
If the person has messaged you that you would consider spam or anything inappropriate, you can also ban them from FB page inbox directly. Here is how you can do that:
- Open your Facebook page if you are not there
- Click on ‘Inbox’
- Click in the message of the person who you want to ban from the page
- Click on the three dots
- Select ‘Ban from Page’
- Click ‘Confirm’ to finalize the ban.
Now it is done. He or she won’t be able the message your FB page ever again.
When should you ban people from your Facebook?
We would recommend not to ban someone just because he or she had a negative comment on your Facebook page.
First, comments are engagement signals for a Facebook page, so if the comment is not a total lie or spam, we would reply to that comment and try to give some explanation or clarification to the user negative comments.
This is good for several reasons:
- it can trigger a conversion on the Facebook post, which will help you get a higher organic reach
- it is a better reaction to reply to comments than hide them.
How to cancel a Facebook page ban?
Don’t worry, if you have accidentally banned someone from your FB page that you didn’t intend to, or you have changed your mind and want to unban them, don’t worry there is a way.
We have shown how to unban someone in this article, check out it if you are interested.