If you are starting out with LinkedIn advertising, the best way might be with LinkedIn retargeting ads.
In this LinkedIn ads tutorial, we are going to show you how to create LinkedIn retargeting ads and campaigns easily.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on LinkedIn retargeting ads, check out this one:
What is LinkedIn Retargeting, and how does it work?
LinkedIn Retargeting is a way to target specific LinkedIn users who have visited your website page, video ad, and company page. LinkedIn Retargeting is a great way to reach your target audience and increase website traffic and leads.
You may target your advertisements to people who have visited a webpage on your website, watched a video ad, opened or completed a Lead Generation Form, engaged with your company page, and RSVPed for an event on LinkedIn using Matched Audiences.
Accordingly, LinkedIn Retargeting is a form of online advertising that allows you to target individuals who have previously visited your LinkedIn page. LinkedIn Retargeting can be an extremely effective way to reach out to potential customers who may not know your company or product.
Moreover, LinkedIn can also help you refine your marketing campaign by increasing or decreasing the frequency of targeting potential customers depending on how they interact with LinkedIn. After all, LinkedIn Retargeting ads must perform well for several different reasons. This is where LinkedIn’s enhanced targeting methods come in handy.
How To Create a LinkedIn website Retargeting campaign?
When you advertise on LinkedIn, you’re able to retarget your website visitors with ad content. Adding the LinkedIn Insight Tag to their website allows marketers to connect their website visitors with members on LinkedIn for further interaction. Advertisers may also utilize retargeting based on LinkedIn demographic segments to precisely target.
Here is how to create a LinkedIn retargeting campaign:
- Go to Campaign Manager.
- Open the Settings page on your browser. Click Websites and then Website Retargeting. Choose the correct account name you’d like to enable website retargeting for.
- Select Matched Audiences from the Account Assets dropdown on the top of the page.
- In the top right corner of the page, click the Create audience button.
- Select the Website option from the dropdown.
- Choose a name for your target audience.
- After that, you must figure out when your audience first visited your website and measure the duration of their stay. You may pick from 30, 60, 90, or 180 days ago in the past.
- Add the URLs for the websites you wish to retarget.
- You may modify the audience from visitors who visit a specific page on your site that begins with, equals or contains the URL by using the dropdown menu.
- Starts with: Use this technique when you have dynamic parameters at the end of your URL. Users will develop an interest in any page on your site that starts with the URL entered by your audience.
- Equals: Use to build audiences when people visit your site’s URL.
- Contains: Use this tool to create audiences from your site pages containing relevant keywords or phrases in the URL.
- Only include “www” if shown in your URL as a site visitor would see it. Exclude HTTP:// and HTTPS://. Only use “www” if it appears in the URL as a person visiting the site would view it.
- You can restrict which pages conversions are recorded by clicking + And below a URL. For example, match a URL that starts with example.com and includes thank-you. If there are multiple URLs from which the audience may make something, create a new OR rule.
- Create a new campaign. Select Create. The number of visitors to your website’s various segments must total at least 300 for the campaign to be used. Depending on the amount of traffic across your website segments, it may take up to 48 hours for your audience to generate. Website retargeting audiences may not be used in conjunction with member interests and traits when creating campaign targets.
LinkedIn retargeting options
Within website audiences, advertisers may retarget their website visitors on LinkedIn with ad content using website retargeting. Advertisers may utilize the LinkedIn Insight Tag to connect their website visitors with LinkedIn members for more interaction by adding it to their website. Advertisers may target their ads using LinkedIn demographic ranges to achieve greater specificity and targeting.
Video retargeting allows you to establish an audience based on individuals who watched close to all or part of your video advertisements. You’ll retarget video ads after creating a video audience. You can see how many people watched the videos based on the ad campaigns, completion rate, and time range you picked. The audience may be based on those who have viewed 25%, 50%, 75%, or 97% of your video ad. You can also choose how recently people saw the advert, ranging from 30 days to 365 days ago.
You may also retarget your ads to a lead-generating form (such as an email) based on people who have opened or completed it. You’ll also have the option of choosing how recently individuals have engaged with your Lead Gen Form, starting at 30 days ago and going back to 365 days. You’ll be able to see how many Lead Gen Forms have been opened or completed for the campaigns, engagement, and period you choose.
The goal of company page retargeting is to ensure you are getting the best results for your campaigns. You may create an audience based on individuals who have looked at your LinkedIn Page or chosen a call-to-action button in the header of your Page. You’ll also be able to customize how recently members of the audience have visited or interacted with your LinkedIn page.
Within event audiences, once you’ve established your audience, it will begin growing as it matches LinkedIn users that fulfill the specified conditions. Your audience must have at least 300 members to be used in campaign targeting.
Tips for LinkedIn retargeting campaigns
There are a few things to keep in mind when creating LinkedIn retargeting ad campaigns:
- Make sure your LinkedIn retargeting ads are relevant to the individuals you’re targeting.
- Keep your messaging clear and concise.
- Use strong visuals to capture attention.
- Different Test versions of your ads to see which ones generate the best results.
- LinkedIn retargeting should not be your only ad campaign.
Other information related to LinkedIn retargeting
- LinkedIn retargeting can be an effective way to reach out to past leads and customers. By targeting these individuals with tailored ads, you can increase their chances to return to your site or convert into a customer.
- To create a successful LinkedIn retargeting campaign, you first need to create a custom audience. This can be done by importing a list of email addresses or LinkedIn profiles into LinkedIn’s advertising platform.
- Once you have created your custom audience, you can then create targeted ad campaigns shown to these individuals. These ads can be customized according to the individual’s interests or based on the actions they have taken on your site.
- LinkedIn Retargeting can be a great way to increase traffic, conversions, and sales. LinkedIn is the perfect platform for B2B marketers looking to connect with their target audience.
- LinkedIn Retargeting can be done at any stage in your company’s marketing funnel. LinkedIn allows you to retarget past leads or customers at specific stages within your sales process, allowing you to re-engage them without wasting money on consumers who have already been converted.
LinkedIn Retargeting Ad campaigns can be a great way to reach out to potential customers who have already interacted with your company on LinkedIn.
By targeting these individuals specifically, you can create more relevant ads and are likely to result in conversions. Make sure you test different variations and target audiences until you find what works best for your business.