If you want to grow your network on LinkedIn, you have to actively send out LinkedIn connection requests.
Your LinkedIn pending connection requests can quickly pile up, so it is useful to see your pending connections on LinkedIn at one central location, so you can accept LinkedIn connection requests or withdraw LinkedIn invitations you have sent.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to see pending connections on LinkedIn, check out this one:
What are LinkedIn pending connections?
LinkedIn pending connections are people that you have been invited to connect with, but you have not yet accepted their invitation; or LinkedIn connection requests you have sent but that haven’t been accepted yet.
Fortunately, you can easily see pending connections on LinkedIn as we show you step by step in the next paragraph.
How to see pending connections on LinkedIn?
To see pending connections on LinkedIn:
- Open LinkedIn.com and sign in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on the ‘My Network’ tab.
- Here you will see a list of the pending LinkedIn connections.
- Click on the “Manage” button on the right-hand side to reach the LinkedIn invitation management page.
- Here you can see all your LinkedIn pending connection requests and your pending LinkedIn invitations.
- If you want to check the people who sent you LinkedIn pending connection requests, you have to click on the “Received” tab.
- Here you can either accept or decline their pening connections requests.
- To check the LinkedIn invitations you have sent to others, click on the “Sent” tab.
- Next, you will be able to withdraw a request, if you are not connected with them anymore.
How to see Pending Connections on the LinkedIn Mobile app?
If you are using an iPhone or an Android smartphone you can also view the connection requests you have sent or invitations that haven’t been accepted yet.
Here is how to see pending connections on the LinkedIn app:
- Open and sign in to the LinkedIn app.
- Next click on the “My Network” tab from the upper section of the page
- Click on the “Invitations” button to see the list of LinkedIn pending connections you have
- Now click on the “Sent” button to check the LinkedIn connections requests you have sent to others.
- You have to click on the “Received” tab to see others’ pending LinkedIn invitations.
How to see declined invitations on LinkedIn?
Once an invitation is removed or ignored then you will find no other way to retrieve it, but you might have the email notification.
As a user, you can always download the data and compare it with the list to check who sent the invitation.
Can’t see pending connections on Linkedin
If you are not been able to find the invitations, then you need to visit the “My Network” tab. Next, in the pending invitation section click on the “Manage” tab. This way you will get access to the pending requests section, and these are the invitations that haven’t been accepted.
If the requests aren’t working as you have thought, this may happen because the LinkedIn connection limit has been exceeded in your account.
In this case, LinkedIn doesn’t allow you to send more invitations. If this happens, you need to remove or withdraw some LinkedIn invitations that are still not accepted. Then you have to try again and the invitation will be sent.
Things to know related to seeing Linkedin pending connections
If you have sent LinkedIn connection requests to people who aren’t a member, the requests will expire after six months. This also lets LinkedIn remove the old invitations that aren’t active anymore.
- LinkedIn will allow you to send twenty to twenty-five requests each day. For some, it’s only a hundred invitations a week.
- LinkedIn will not send you a notification when a connection invitation is declined. The recipient can simply press “Ignore” to not take any action.
- If you want to accept the pending endorsements on the site then you have to click on your profile image. Next, scroll down to the Endorsement section and hit the “Edit” tab. Now you can manage the endorsement requests.
- The moment you withdraw from the pending requests the deletion will stop. After this, you can freely connect with more people and build a network.
Summing up – Viewing LinkedIn Pending invitations and connections
You will find several benefits when you get connected with people on LinkedIn. It will allow you to access jobs, network opportunities, and get better career advice. When you have an increased number of LinkedIn pending invitations, then it’s a sign that your profile is attracting more businesses.