The pinned tweet becomes our identity as users who will visit our profile timeline will see the pinned tweet on the top of all tweets. Our pinned tweets will reflect on our likes and dislikes and will help people to know what kind of person we are.
In this beginner Twitter tutorial, we are going to show you how to pin someone else’s tweet.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial, check out this one:
Is it possible to pin other people’s Tweet?
Well, the answer is, yes. There are two ways how to pin someone else’s tweet:
- You can use a third-party app
- You can retweet the tweet and pin the tweet to the profile
How to Pin Someone Else’s Tweet using Twtools?
Let us see how to pin someone else’s tweet by using Twtools:
- You have to go to the tool website of Twitter that is Twtools.
- You have to click on option ‘Pin any Tweet’
- You have to click on option ‘Allow access’ (it gives permission to the Twtools for pinning a tweet on your profile)
- You need to click on the ‘Authorize app’ option (to see what Twtools can do to the profile)
- Now, you have to go to Tweet that has to be pinned and then copy the given link provided.
- If you are a desktop user then, the link can be copied from omnibar. If you are an iOS user then, tap ‘Share Tweet via’ that is located at top right corner of this tweet. Now if you are Android user then skip the step.
- Next, there will be a popped-up box from where you can copy the link to tweet. This will copy the URL of this Tweet to the device’s clipboard.
Tip- You have to make sure not to retweet the tweet. This will block Twtools to pin the tweet.
- Finally, you have to paste the link by clicking ‘Pin this Tweet’ on the Twtools app and the tweet will be pinned to your account.
How To Pin Someone else’s Tweet by retweeting?
Let us find how to pin someone else’s tweet by retweeting:
- First and foremost, you need to log in to your Twitter account and open the Twitter application
- You have to search or scroll down to find the Tweet that you need to pin.
- You have to tap the selected Tweet and choose the ‘Retweet option’
- Now, you have to select the option the ‘Quote Tweet’
- The comment that you want at the top should now be added
- Once you type the text that you would want to add, click on the ‘Retweet option’
- You have to visit your profile now and look for a tweet that was retweeted. Now, select ‘more’ option then from the dropdown select the option ‘Pin to profile’
- Lastly, select the pin prompt and your tweet gets pinned to your profile.
How to unpin someone else’s tweet from your Twitter feed?
If you pin someone else’s tweet, it will become very crucial for you to learn the correct or proper way of removing the pin from the account. Follow the following steps:
- Firstly, you should click on the tweet that you have pinned in your profile
- Now, among many options, you will see ‘Undo Tweet’ which you need to select
- Lastly, simply click on the ‘Undo Retweet’ option and you are done!
We have tried to portray two of the best strategies on how to pin someone else’s tweet on your profile and one strategy to undo it as well. The first method using Twtools should be done one time a single day and the second method is a universally known strategy. The second method can be used as many times you want just that you need to take care of the fact that the quote tweet should be picked.
I hope this article was helpful to you. Happy Tweeting!