If you are taking content marketing on your Facebook page seriously, then you should post on Facebook when it is the best time which means when you can expect the highest amount of engagement or link clicks to your website. As you might have other things to do then or you just want to get ahead with your work, you can schedule Facebook posts so they get posted on Facebook when you want them to get posted.
In this about scheduling a Facebook post, we are going to cover everything related to scheduling a Facebook post, whether it a schedule to a Facebook page or a Facebook group. We are going to explain and showcase:
- Why should you schedule a post on Facebook?
- How to schedule a Facebook post on a Facebook page?
- Can you schedule Facebook post on your personal profile?
- How to schedule Facebook posts on the mobile app?
- How to schedule posts in your Facebook group?
- Can’t schedule a Facebook post – Troubleshooting
At the end of this tutorial, we are also going to answer some of the most frequently asked questions related to scheduling a Facebook post.
Why should you schedule a post on Facebook?
There are many reasons why it makes sense the schedule Facebook posts:
- you want to have a full week of your Facebook posts scheduled in advance so you only have to work on creating the Facebook posts once per week
- you have an event coming up and want to create pre-scheduled posts to the event so you can deal with other things when the even is going on
- you want to post when it is the best time to post on Facebook to your fans and followers
- you want to take advantage of all the other features of Facebook scheduling tools, like saving a draft Facebook post or backdating a Facebook post.
Regardless of your whys, here is how you can schedule a Facebook post.
How to schedule a Facebook post from a Facebook page?
You can schedule a Facebook post either from Facebook Publishing Tools or Facebook Creator Studio. We are going to break down both scheduling methods step by step.
Schedule a post on Facebook with Publishing Tools
Here is how you do it with Publishing Tools:
- Open up the Facebook page where you want to schedule a Facebook post
- You can get to the Publishing Tools of the Facebook page in two ways:
- You can either click on ‘Publishing Tools’ from the left sidebar and you will be taken there.
- Or you can click on ‘Create post’ button then in the post-editing interface you can click on Facebook Publishing tools as you can see in the picture below:
- Once you are in the Publishing Tools, click on ‘Create Post’ button.
- Create your post then instead of clicking on the ‘Publish’ button, click on the down arrow instead and click on ‘Schedule post’
- A pop-up will appear where you can specify the exact time when you want your Facebook post to be published. Schedule your Facebook post by clicking on the ‘Schedule’ button.
Schedule a post on Facebook with Creator Studio
You can also use the Facebook Creator Studio to preschedule Facebook posts. Here is the step by step process:
- Open https://business.facebook.com/creatorstudio/home to access Facebook Creator studio, or you can also navigate there from your Facebook page from your Facebook Publishing Tool.
- Click on the ‘Create Post’ button from the upper left side of the page
- If you were to see that you can only click on IGTV post or Instagram feed post, then change the Creator Studio to Facebook by Selecting the Facebook icon on the middle of the very top of the page. If you want to later switch back to Facebook, here you can do that.
- The click on ‘Create post’ again and choose ‘Create post’ from the dropdown as well.
- A post editing interface will appear on the right side of the screen and you can prepare your Facebook post here.
- Once you are down with the post, click on ‘Share now’ button that has a grey background.
- One of the options you will see is that you can ‘Schedule’ the post, click on it.
- In this popup window, you can set up the scheduling of the Facebook post. First, you can set the exact date and time when the Facebook post should go public and you can also choose to stop news feed distribution on a specific date time. (This makes sense when you have a sale that is only available on certain days.)
- Once you set everything up, click on ‘Schedule’.
How to schedule a Facebook post on your personal profile
Currently, it is not possible to schedule a Facebook post from your personal profile. It used to be possible but Facebook discontinued this feature long ago.
So, if you want to schedule your Facebook posts, you have to create a Facebook page and you will get many benefits if you are starting out with a Facebook page.
How to Schedule a Facebook post on mobile?
You can also schedule Facebook posts if you are using your mobile device. It is a little bit different whether you are using an Android phone or an iPhone.
Scheduling FB posts on Android devices:
- Go to the Facebook page from where you want to schedule a Facebook post and start creating your Facebook post
- Tap on ’Next’.
- Tap ’How do you want to publish this?’ and then on ’Schedule’.
- Tap Today, then select the day you want to publish the Facebook post and tap ’OK’.
- Then you can also select the time you want to schedule the FB post for, tap ’OK’.
- Tap ’SET DATE’ then ’SCHEDULE’.
Schedule a post on iPhone and iPad
- Go to the Facebook Page you want to schedule the post from and start creating your FB post.
- Tap ’Continue’ then ’When will this be published?’ and then ’Schedule Later’.
- Select a date and time you want to schedule the Facebook post for, then tap ’Done’.
- Tap ’Schedule’.
Can you schedule a Facebook post in a group?
Yes, you can schedule a Facebook post in Facebook groups as well, but only if you are the admin of the Facebook group. Regular members cannot preschedule Facebook posts to a Facebook group.
So if you are a Facebook group admin, here is how you can schedule a Facebook post to the FB Group:
- Open up the Facebook group where you want to schedule a Facebook post
- Click into the ‘What on your mind, Name?’ field and the post editing interface will appear
- Create your Facebook post then you will be able schedule the Facebook post by clicking on the date icon next to the ‘Post’ button.
- You can set up the date and time here you want your Facebook post to go live and click on ‘Schedule’.
Why Can’t I schedule a Facebook post?
There are many reasons why you are not able to schedule a Facebook post on Facebook. Here we have collected the most frequent reasons:
- You can no longer schedule a Facebook post directly from your Facebook page. You either have to go the Publishing Tools or Facebook Creator studio to be able to create a post.
- You don’t have the right Page role to be able to post on Facebook.
- You want to use a personal profile to be able to preschedule a Facebook post. You can only do that with a Facebook page
- Facebook has a bug with scheduling a post, try to refresh your browser or app, sign out and back in to test if it solves the problem. Try it both using facebook.com and in the Facebook Business Suite app to see if any of the scheduling options work.
If none of these work, you can also try to use a free trial of one of the social media management tool that allows you to schedule posts on Facebook as well.
Still not clear, how to schedule Facebook posts. Check out this great video tutorial:
Frequently Asked Questions – How to schedule a Facebook post?
How far in advance can you schedule a Facebook post?
Based on our experience, you can schedule a Facebook post from your Facebook page about 2 and half months in advance.
Is there a software that schedules a Facebook post?
Yes, there plenty of software program that lets you schedule post on Facebook and all of your other social media marketing channels.
The option to schedule a Facebook post disappeared?
It has indeed disappeared from your Facebook page. But you can still schedule Facebook posts from your Facebook Publishing Tool and Facebook Creator Studio, both are free to use for anyone who has a Facebook page.