Do you want to transfer Facebook page ownership?
In this Facebook page tutorial, we are going to show you how to change the page owner on Facebook by transferring Facebook page ownership and any information that you have to know related to changing the Facebook page owner.
How to transfer Facebook page ownership?
Here is how transfer ownership of a Facebook page:
- Add the new owner as a Facebook page admin
- Add the new page owner in the Facebook Business Manager/Suite
- Remove yourself as a Facebook page admin
If you go through these steps, you should be able to change the page owner of the Facebook page.
Add the new Facebook page owner as Facebook page admin
First, you have to add the new page owner as the admin of the Facebook page.
Here is the step-by-step process of adding a new Facebook page owner to the page.
- Go to the Facebook page you want to add the new owner to
- On the left sidebar menu, scroll down and click on “Settings.”
- On the left sidebar menu, again click on “Page roles.”
- Here you will see a section to assign a new Page Role.
- Add the name or the email of the person who will be the new Facebook page owner
- Then set his or her role as “Admin” by clicking on the dropdown menu of role options.
- You will see a notification with something like this: “If you’re adding a new admin to your Page, please keep in mind that they’ll have the same permission as you do to make changes to this Page.”
- You will be also be prompted to re-enter your password so Facebook knows it is really you who is giving the new page role.
- The new owner will receive a notification and can accept the Facebook business page admin role
Add the new page owner in Facebook Business Manager
If you don’t have a Facebook Business Manager (now called Meta Business Suite account, this step is not necessary. However, as a part of the Facebook page ownership transfer, the new owner should also request access to the Facebook page in Facebook Business Manager as well.
Here is how the new Facebook page owner can do this:
- Open up the Facebook Business Manager/Meta Business Suite
- Click on the Hamburger menu in the top left corner
- Select the ‘Business Settings’ option
- On the left sidebar, under ‘Accounts’ click on ‘Pages’
- You will see the list of Facebook pages you have already added to your Business Manager account. You can also see the ‘Add’ button. Click on it.
- From the options that appear, choose ‘Add a page’.
- A popup will appear where you can add the Facebook page.
- You can either add the URL of the Facebook page now you won or start typing the Facebook page name, and Facebook will recommend pages.
- Choose the right one and click on ‘Add page’ button
You can also check out this video tutorial on how to request ownership of a Facebook page in Business Manager/Meta Business Suite here:
Transfer Facebook Page Ownership Last Step – Remove Yourself
Last but not least, to transfer Facebook page ownership, as the old page owner you have to remove yourself as an admin from the Facebook page.
Based on the new Facebook page owner preferences, you can either remove yourself completely or change your access level on the Facebook page.
Let’s see how to remove yourself as a Facebook page owner from the page completely:
Here is remove yourself as the Facebook page owner:
- From the Facebook News Feed, click Pages in the left menu.
- Open the page you want to remove yourself from then click on ‘Page Settings’ on the bottom left.
- Then click on ‘Page Roles’ once again in the left column.
- Click ‘Edit’ next to your profile picture and your name
- Click on the ‘Remove’ button.
- A pop-up will appear where you have to confirm that you want to remove yourself from the Facebook page.
- To remove yourself from the FB page completely, click on ‘Confirm’.
You have successfully removed yourself as a Facebook page owner. The Facebook page has been transferred to the new owner completely
Summary – How To Change Facebook page owner?
So this is how you transfer Facebook page ownership. It is actually a really easy process.
To learn more about each of these mini processes of Facebook page ownership transfer we have described in this tutorial, check out these tutorials:
- Add an admin to a Facebook page
- Add a Facebook page to a Business Manager
- Remove yourself as admin from a Facebook page
The important thing to keep in mind is that you have to add a new Facebook page owner before you could remove yourself as the old owner from the Facebook page.
Otherwise, Facebook won’t allow you to remove yourself from the Facebook page and you can’t transfer ownership of the Facebook page.
Frequently Asked Questions – How To Transfer Facebook Page Ownership?
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions related to Facebook page ownership transfer.
Can you transfer ownership of a Facebook page to someone else?
Yes, all you have to do is to add someone as a Facebook page admin to the page, then the new admin or even you can remove yourself from the Facebook page.
How to request ownership of a Facebook page?
Here is how to request ownership of a Facebook page:
- Open the Facebook Business Manager/Meta Business suite account.
- Click on ‘Business Settings’.
- Under Accounts, click on ‘Pages’.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Add the page name or Facebook Page URL.
- Select the permission leve
- Click on Request Access.
I Can’t request ownership of a Facebook page, why?
If you can’t change the Facebook page owner by requesting access to a Facebook page, the most common reason is that you haven’t added the primary Facebook page to your Facebook Business Manager/Meta Business Suite.
How To Change Page Owner on Facebook?
As we have shown in the article there are two main methods to change the Facebook page owner of a Facebook page. You can either simply add the new Facebook page owner as admin then remove yourself as admin.
Or if you are the owner, you can also request access to your Facebook page as a new owner in the Business Manager/Meta Business Suite account.
Can you remove the creator of a Facebook page?
Yes, you can remove the creator of a Facebook page, by transferring the Facebook page ownership to you and then remove the creator from the Facebook page. (as we have shown in this tutorial).