Do you want to manage your Facebook page under a Facebook Business Manager account? First, you have to add the Facebook page to the Business Manager.
In this short Facebook Business Manager tutorial, we are going to show you how to add a page to Facebook Business Manager. We are also going to explain what you need to be able to do this and why you might not be able to add a FB page to the Business Manager.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to add a page to a Facebook Business Manager/suite, check out this one:
Things you need to be able to add a page to Business Manager
If you want to add a Facebook page to your a Facebook Business account, here is what you need to have/do:
- You have to have functioning a Facebook Business Manager.
- You have to be the admin of the Facebook page for at least seven days.
- You must be the admin of the Facebook Business Manager.
- The page can’t be owned by another Facebook Business Manager. A Facebook page can only be owned by one Business Manager.
How to add a Facebook page to Business Manager/Business Suite?
Here is how to add a page to Business Manager:
- Open up the Facebook Business Manager where you want to add the page to.
- Click on the Hamburger menu in the top left corner
- Select the ‘Business Settings’ option
- On the left sidebar, under ‘Accounts’ click on ‘Pages’
- You will see the list of Facebook pages you have already added to your Business Manager account. You can also see the ‘Add’ button. Click on it.
- Or f you haven’t added any Facebook page to the Business Manager, you will see the ‘Add’ button on the middle of the screen. Click on it. From here, the process is the same.
- From the options that appear, choose ‘Add a page’.
- A popup will appear where you can add the Facebook page.
- You can either add the URL of the Facebook page or start typing the Facebook page name, and Facebook will recommend
- Choose the right one and click on ‘Add page’ button
- If you have successfully added the page to Business Manager, you will see something like this.
Congrats, you have managed to add a page to the Business Manager. Now you can add people to the page and manage Facebook page roles for the page within the Business Manager.
Can’t add page to Facebook Business Manager/Meta Business Suite
If you are unable to add a page to a Facebook Business Manager, here is how you can try to troubleshoot it:
As we said, you have to be the admin of the Facebook page. If you are not the admin, you can request admin access to a Facebook page, or ask the FB page admin to add the Facebook page to this Business Manager.
You also have to be an admin in the Business Manager to be able to add a Facebook business page. You can find more info on how you can add admin to a Business Manager:
Last but not least, the Facebook page that you want to add can’t be owned by another Facebook Business Manager. Let’s explain this in the next paragraph.
Adding a Facebook page vs Claiming request to a Facebook page
It is important to be aware of the difference between adding a Facebook page vs requesting access to a Facebook page in a Facebook Business Manager.
You should be the owner of the Facebook business page, if you are the owner of the business or the brand the Facebook page represents. In this case, you should add the Facebook page to the Business Manager.
However, if you are an agency or a freelancer and run social media marketing or Facebook advertising for a business, then you should request access to a Facebook page in Business Manager as you are not the owner of the particular Facebook page.
Related articles to adding a Facebook page to Business Manager
Once you have added a Facebook page to a Business Manager, it is also good to know things explained in the following articles: