If you want to get access to a Facebook business page, you need to request access to it in Facebook Business Manager. This way, you will be able to use the Facebook page, but your client will still have admin access so they don’t have to worry that you or someone else takes advantage of too much control.
If you prefer a quick step by step tutorial on how to request access to a Facebook page in Business Manager, check out this video tutorial:
Adding vs requesting access to a Page in Business Manager
The difference between adding a Facebook page vs. requesting access to a Facebook Business page is the following:
If you want to add a Page that your company owns then you want to ‘Add the page’ to your Facebook Business Manager account. We have explained how you can add a Facebook page to your Business Manager here:
However, if you are an agency or a freelancer and need access to the Facebook page e.g. to run ads from it, you need to request access to the Facebook page. In this case, your client still owns the FB page, but you will be able to use it as well.
Let’s see how you can request access to a Facebook page in Business Manager.
How to request access to a page in Facebook Business Manager?
Steps to request access to a Page in Business Manager:
- Go to business.facebook.com
- From the drop-down menu, choose ‘Business Settings’
- On the left side of the screen, click on ‘Accounts’ then on ‘Pages’.
- Click on ‘Add’ and multiple options will appear.
- Select ‘Request Access to a Page’ as you can see below.
- Then you have to add the name of the Facebook Page or the URL of the FB page. Once you start typing, Facebook will auto-suggest pages.
- Once you add the Facebook page, click on ‘Add page’
Now, you have requested access to this Facebook page. The admin of the Facebook page will get a notification about this request and they can approve or reject the request.
Can’t request access to a Facebook page
You have to be the admin in the Facebook Business Manager to be able to request access to a Facebook page that you don’t own.
You can check your Business Manager access level and role by clicking on ‘Users’ then ‘People’ on the left sidebar.