If you block someone on Twitter by mistake, you can unblock them at any time. It’s a straightforward process that only takes a few steps to complete.
This Twitter tutorial provides instructions on how to unblock someone on Twitter and an explanation of what happens when you unblock someone on Twitter.
How to Unblock Someone on Twitter?
Below are the methods you should follow to unblock a user on Twitter from your mobile app or from desktop:
Unblock someone on Twitter from the mobile app
- Launch the Twitter mobile app and sign in if you logged out on your last session.
- Once logged in, hover on the side navigation menu and click Settings and Privacy.
- Click Privacy and Safety.
- Click the Mute and Block option to access the accounts, words, and notifications you’ve muted or blocked.
- Choose Blocked accounts and select the account you intend to unblock.
- Tap the blocked button against the account, and you’ll see it’ll change to unblocked.
- Follow the unblocked user if you need to.
Unblock someone on Twitter from your computer
- Visit Twitter.com and log in to your Twitter account on your computer browser.
- On logging in, tap your profile photo at the top corner of the Twitter dashboard and navigate to the settings and privacy section.
- Hover on the menu on the left to find the section written Blocked Accounts.
- Click the Blocked Accounts option to reveal the list of users you’ve blocked on your Twitter.
- Identify the user you want to unblock and hover your cursor over the place labeled blocked to unblock them.
Unblock someone on Twitter by visiting their profile
- Launch Twitter and login to your account
- Use the search handle to type in the profile’s user name you want to unblock.
- If their profile page is on your newsfeed, you can as well click on their profile from there.
- Hover your mouse to the section written Blocked and tap it to unblock the user.
- You can follow the unblocked account if you wish to.
What Happens When You Unblock Someone on Twitter?
As soon as you unblock someone on Twitter, they will be able to see your tweets again. They will also be able to follow you and send you messages.
All these activities are halted when you have a user under blocked status.
The good thing with Twitter is that they don’t send any notification or message when you unblock a previously blocked account. So, the only way users who you previously blocked know you’ve unblocked them is when you view their tweets or interact with them in any other way on the social platform.
Can’t Unblock a Twitter Follower
Generally, there are two reasons why you may not be able to unblock a user on Twitter.
The first reason is quite unexpected- you’ve not actually blocked the user you want to unblock. In order to unblock a Twitter account, the user must first appear under your list of blocked accounts. If otherwise, you won’t find any option to unblock them.
The second reason might be that your user account is currently blocked by the person you want to unblock. If a Twitter user blocks you, they must first unblock you for you to perform any action targeting them.
Can you Block Someone who you Unblocked Previously on Twitter?
Yes, you can block someone who you unblocked previously on Twitter. When you unblock someone, they automatically regain access to your account and all of its features. In case you change your mind and wish to prevent them from interacting with you, you can block them again.
It’s worth pointing out that there are no limits to how many times you can block and unblock someone on Twitter.
Do Twitter Spaces Allow you to Unblock Someone?
Currently, Twitter has no option to execute the unblocking process on Twitter spaces. So, to unblock a host or participant blocked on Twitter spaces, you need to visit the primary settings on your Twitter profile. Follow the methods discussed earlier to unblock the targeted users.
Blocking someone on Twitter prevents them from being able to message or follow you. Plus, you won’t see any notifications about their activity. For this reason, if you block someone on Twitter by accident, it makes sense to want to unblock them. Luckily, we’ve discussed simple steps in this guide to help you out in this.